Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme Fullbright exchange program 2021/2022 application is now open. The Fellowship Programme is provided for relevant graduate courses that are not leading to degree but professional interest allowing fellows to spend a large portion of time on professional activities such as research projects, field trips, workshop. etc
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellows during their stay at the US. an American host university, Fellows are invited to take graduate courses relevant to their professional interests.
The application for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship program ends August 15, 2020
About Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship is not a degree program, participants spend a considerable portion of their time engaged in professional development activities including: consultations and affiliations with U.S. faculty and experts, field trips, workshops, research projects, and the development of practical useful strategies that could be applied in the Fellows’ home countries.
Degree Level: Fellowship
Duration: 10 Months
The Fellowship provides for:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university
- Pre-academic English language training, if required
- A living allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance
- Accident and sickness coverage
- A book allowance and one-time computer subsidy
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events)
- Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Programme 2021/2022 Field of Study
The Humphrey Fellowship offers opportunities in the following fields:
- Sustainable Development
- Economic Development
- Public Health
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
Democratic Institution Building
- Law and Human Rights
- International Religious Freedom
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
Higher Education Administration
Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program Components
Academic: The Hubert Humphrey program is classified as a non-degree program. Humphrey Fellows cannot transfer from non-degree status to degree status. Humphrey Fellows pursue tailored study programs at participating host institutions, where the freedom from the requirements of a degree program gives each Fellow the flexibility to pursue a self-directed, individualized program.
Professional: Early in the academic year, each Fellow develops, with assistance from the local campus coordinator and faculty advisors, a plan for professional activities carefully geared to the Fellow’s need for relevant, practical professional experiences. A Fellow’s professional-development plan may include professional visits, conferences, and a professional affiliation (mid-career internship/residency) that must be at least six weeks in duration.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Host Universities
- American University, Washington College of Law
- Arizona State University
- Boston University
- Cornell University
- Emory University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Michigan State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Syracuse University
- University of California, Davis
- University of Minnesota, Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- Vanderbilt University
- Virginia Commonwealth University
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme 2021/2021 Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum of a four-year undergraduate degree from S.A. (BA + Honors)
- Minimum of five years of full-time professional experience prior to August 2021 (beyond the attainment of a first university/undergraduate degree)
- Demonstrated leadership ability – Candidates should have achieved positions of significant responsibility at the national, regional or local level and show clear promise to assume greater future leadership roles
- Record of public service in the community – Candidates’ careers must reflect a present and future commitment to public service, broadly defined in the public, NGO, or private sector
- University lecturers – Candidates need to demonstrate management or policy responsibilities and experience (Exceptions apply to teachers of English as a foreign language and specialists in substance abuse preventions and treatment)
How to Apply to Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme 2021/2022
Application for Humbert H. Humphrey Fellowship is online (follow the given link below) for an interested individual who wants to submit application. Do create an account as first time user or login if already have a created account.
Need to Apply?
Need More Information?
Like This Opportunity? Do well to let us know how helpful it is and share with friends on socila media websites.
Also, Subscribe to our free mail notification to be among the first to receive interesting updates.