Mo Ibrahim Foundation is established in 2006, The Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships 2020 is a programme where future African Leaders are mentored by providing them with unique work opportunities at prominent African institutions or multilateral organizations.
The Foundation aims to support good governance and great leadership in Africa. Majorly Foundation works to:
- Stimulate debate on good governance;
- Provide criteria by which citizens and governments can measure progress;
- Recognize achievement in African leadership and provide a practical way in which leaders can build positive legacies on the continent when they have left office;
- Support aspiring leaders for the African continent.
- Fellowships offers successful candidates the opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the AfDB (Abidjan), UNECA (Addis Ababa) or the ITC (Geneva) and
- $100,000 as annual stipend offered by Ibrahim Foundation Fellowship.
- International Trade Centre (ITC) in partnership with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation . The Fellowship offers a mentorship experience with the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director of ITC to prepare young Africans for leadership of major organizations and multilateral institutions. see more detail on Fellowship Programme
- United Nation Economic Commision for Africa (UNECA) in partnership with Mo Ibrahim Fellowship. The Foundation, is financing this Fellowship position in the UNECA. The Fellow will perform the duties and responsibilities of the position at the headquarters of UNECA in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. See full details Here
- Be a National of an African country
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- Master’s degree
- Be under 40 years of age at time of application (women with children should be
- under 45 years of age).
- Have Advanced English. Knowledge of other UN official languages in particular, French or Spanishis an added advantage.
- any additional criteria as set by the host.