Table of Contents
Are you are medic Professional? Application for Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) Technical Fellowships for 2021/22 is now open. Transfer of cancer control knowledge, skills and techniques through one month international visits
The UICC Technical Fellowships program dedicated in promoting cancer control in Francophone Africa. Supported by a group of international cancer societies, organisations and foundations. These programmes offer medical and cancer professionals international fellowship opportunities at Switzerland.
The Application for UICC Technical Fellowship Program closes on December 31, 2020
About UICC Technical Fellowship
Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) is dedicated to taking the lead in convening, capacity building and advocacy initiatives through the UICC Technical fellowship that unite and support the cancer community to reduce the global cancer burden, promote greater equity, and ensure cancer control continues to be a priority in the world health
and development agenda.
Fellowship awards US$ 3,400 (as monetary contribution towards the least expensive international travel and living costs) and are based on candidates’ estimates for travel and living costs, published fares and
scales, and are intended to be a contribution towards international travel and living costs. They are not
expected to include salary or typical income levels.
The awards are for travel from to/from host countries,
but do not include internal travel within the home and/or host countries. Costs for visa, passports, airport
taxes etc. are the responsibility of the Fellows.
Duration: 1 month
Extension of up to 2 months with funding secured by the Fellow from the home or host organization and at no cost to the UICC
Degree Level Type: Fellowship (Masters)
Types of UICC Technical Fellowship Project Available
- Implementation research
- Translational research into early detection, prognosis and therapeutics
- Clinical cancer research
Public health fellowships
- Epidemiology and cancer registries
- Health education
- Health economics
- Cancer screening & prevention
Clinical fellowships or observerships
- Observerships in cancer treatment e.g. oncology, radiotherapy, surgery
- Patient support, survivorship, palliative care
Requirements and Eligibility For The UICC 2021 Technical Fellowships
- Applicant may be of any nationality and may reside in any country at the time of the application.
- The candidate must have adequate fluency in a common language (English) to permit effective communication at the host organisation,
- Eligible candidates are cancer professionals such as cancer advocates, public health investigators, implementation and translational researchers, pathologists, epidemiologists, tobacco control activists and cancer registrars in the early stages of their careers who hold at least an MSc or MA.
- In addition, clinicians and nurses who are established in oncology practice and hold as a minimum an MD degree (for doctors) or RN (for nurses) are eligible to apply.
- Medical and PhD Students are not eligible. seee more eligibility
How To Apply For The UICC Technical Fellowship 2021
Technical Fellowships online application is only accepted in English language, however, support to Spanish-speaking applicants is provided through the translated step by step online application guide in English.
Note: It is strongly adviced that you read and understand the application eligibility/requirements in any application before applying
Need To Apply?
Like This Article? Do let us know how helpful it is to you in the comment and share with friends on social media websites
Also subscribe to our free email notification to get interesting updates on colleges and programs, scholarships and financial aids with lot’s of opportunities for students.