Call For Applications: The Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships 2021-22 is now open. Students can start submitting application for this year Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships.
The Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowship is designed to strengthen the academics ties with Japanese studies programmes in Asia, Europe, Oceania and North America. It was established in 2000 through generous funding from Lord Sainsbury Fellowships to provide recipients with an opportunity to work in a scholarly environment conductive to completing a publication project.
Start Application For Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships 2021/2022 Now
Start submitting an application for a 2021/22 Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships. The fellowship application form are available and can be sent to you via email for complete filling before submission.
Closing Date of Application: The closing date of the 2021-22 Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowship For PhD students ends February 28, 2021.
Programme Type: Fellowship (PhD)
Duration: 6- 12 months (please note: for the six months fellowship, applicants should state their preferred start date in their application)
Why Attend Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships
The Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships was established in 2000 through the generous funding from Lord Sainsbury of Turville to provide fellows with an opportunity to have work in conducive scholarly environment to enable completion of a publication project.
The generous funding from the fellowship are organized and designed to strengthen the academic ties with Japanese studies programmes in the following places-Asia, European Oceania and North America.
Scholars who have received a PhD are offered several scholars fellowship by the Sainsbury Institute in the area of Japanese culture.
A £24,000 values to be paid to fellows conducting a one year fellowship at the institute which will commence in September, 2021
The Six months fellowship carries a value of £12,000 and is subject to negotiation. Applicants are to indicate the preferred start period of fellowship in the application. Note one year fellowship are preferred.
Eligibility Criteria For Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships 2021-22
The institute is offering several fellowships to scholars in any area of Japanese culture.
- Applicants working in the field of visual studies, including and not limited to history of art, cultural heritage, archaeology, architecture, film studies, and digital humanities will receive preference.
- All early career researchers defined by th AHRC as “within eight years of the award of their PhD or equivalent professional training or an individual who is within six years of their first academic appointment will be given preference also.
- Fellows must have a good level of spoken and written English language.
- Fellows are expected to live in Norwich during their appointment and will be given shared office space at the Institute in Norwich.
Deadline: The closing date of the Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowship For PhD students is February 28, 2021
Fellows are encourage at the end of their stay at the institute to organize a symposium
Required Documentation For Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships
The following documents are required for the application and must be in English language.
- Curriculum Vitae (Please you must indicate the date your PHD is expected to be conferred, if not already conferred)
- Sample of Published Article/Writing ( A core chapter of your PhD published article)
- Two letter of reference (letters should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail and must arrive before the deadline of application February , 28 2021. They should be signed and sealed if sent by mail directly by your selected referee to the Sainsbury Institute, 64 The Close Norwich NR1 4DH, UK
How To Apply For Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowship 2021 For PhD Students.
Interested in the fellowship? To submit an application for the 2021-22 Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowship, students need to fill the application form which have to be sent by email.
Provide all necessary documents for application
Completely filled application form should be sent to the email email@example.com
Successful students of the Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowship 2021 application will be contact by email
Closing Date: application submission closes on February 28, 2021. please note, incomplete application will not be considered.
Need To apply?
Like This Article? Lets us know in the comment how helpful it is, Do share with friends on social media websites using the share button.
Also, Subscribe to our free email notification to receive more interesting information, programs, scholarships, and opportunities.