Do you want to advance your study? The World Bank Robert S. McNamara PhD Fellowships Program 2021/2022 application is now open to PhD candidates from developing countries and are ready to conduct research.
The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP) matches aspiring development economic researchers from developing countries with World Bank research economists creating unique opportunities for the fellows to participate in rigorous policy-relevant research in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC).
Why World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
Aspiring development economic researchers will have a unique opportunity to participate in rigorous policy-relevant research with World Bank research economists and widen their perspective on potential.
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program funded by World Bank provide necessary fellowship grants for PhD candidates to conduct innovative, development-related, PhD research in a World Bank Member Institute in country other than candidates own country of residence.
Receive a fund up to $25,000 (U.S.) as a national of a developing country to travel overseas to conduct PhD research. Though challenging, but a great opportunity to travel overseas as young promising researcher from a developing country.
About Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
The World Bank funded Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program (RSMFP) is an opportunity that provides support to developing countries PhD candidates to conduct economic research for a duration of 8 months, while been hosted at the World Bank in Washington to work under the supervision of researchers in the World Bank’s Development Impact Evaluation (DIME) and Development Research Group departments,
Start Application For Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP) 2021/2022
Apply now, 2021/2022 World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program application is now open for PhD researchers to submit application for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program.
You can start your registration for the World Bank Funded Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program here.
Closing Date: The window for application is now open and accept application for the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP) 2021 until April 30 this year.
Location: Washington DC, United State
Opportunity Type: Fellowship (PhD Research Fellowship)
Benefits For Robert S. McNamara PhD Fellowships Program
The Robert S. McNamara (RSM) Fellowship Program provides selected developing country PhD researchers a fund with value of $ 25,000 (US) per fellow for 8 months to conduct development-related Ph.D. research under the supervision of a host advisor from a university, research or development institution from a World Bank member country.
The World Bank’s HR Operations unit will assist the selected candidates with their application for G4 visa, Since the fellows will be hosted at the World Bank in Washington D.C.
Please Note: Fellowship does not cover travel expenses.
Eligibility Criteria & Requirements For Robert S. McNamara PhD Fellowships
Interested candidates are to meet the following requirements in order to apply for Robert S. McNamara (RSM) Fellowships Program.
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country (list);
- Not hold dual citizenship of a developed country;
- Be 35 years of age or younger on the Application Deadline date;
- Be enrolled in a PhD program in a member developing country of the World Bank at the time of application
- Reside in a member developing country of the World Bank since enrolled in the PhD program;
- Have completed all coursework and exam requirements for attaining a PhD at the time of application;
- Have a PhD thesis centered on a field of development.
- Not be a staff member (which includes consultant) or a relative of a staff member of the World Bank Group
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Key Program Features
- Professional experience: Fellows will work on World Bank projects under the direct supervision of World Bank DEC researchers and will be offered training on cutting-edge research practices and technologies and engage with the World Bank operations. Depending on the nature of projects, they will have the opportunity to contribute to DEC’s published work and potentially co-author with DEC researchers, join field missions, and directly engage with our clients.
- Capacity building: Fellows will receive a one-week technical onboarding at the start of the program, including training on reproducible research practices. Throughout the program, fellows will participate in periodic continuing education trainings and events, to further build skills. Through their work with DEC economists, fellows will enhance their ability to identify, study, and write about important development policy questions.
- Research dissemination: Fellows will be invited to write a blog based on their fellowship research with the DEC researchers. This is an opportunity to showcase research and contribution to development policy discussions. Each year, the top 4 blogs will be published on DEC’s Let’s Talk Development blog.
Selection Process For World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships (RSMF) Program
All criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility criteria WILL NOT change during an open call for applications. However, this information is subject to change between the close of one application process and the opening of the
The RSMFP uses the following process to review completed applications, with the aim to identify eligible candidates with the most innovative and relevant research proposals in the area of development.
Two qualified reviewers independently review each eligible application to assess the following:
- Quality of the proposed fellowship (70%)
Prospects for a productive career in research post-PhD (30%)
Documentation Required For Robert S. McNamara PhD Fellowships Application
The following documents must be provided during application process online. Only required documents copies must be uploaded on the website.
-A resume (PDF format only)
-A statement of research purpose: The statement of purpose for the research should describe research interests and indicate the research programs of interest within DEC. (Maximum of 500 words in PDF format)
-Contact details of an academic reference preferred ( for a letter of recommendation)
-A writing sample: sole-authored research documents that best reflect the applicant’s English writing skills (optional),
-A code sample: sole-authored script that best reflect the applicant’s coding skills
Please Note: application must be submitted on/before the application closing date.
How To Apply For World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships 2021
Please Note: The closing date is April 30, 2021. All application process must be carried out and completed World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program application must be submitted on/before the deadline.
PhD researchers are to go online to the World Banks Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2021 website and start enrollment for the program.
Need To Apply?
Click Here To Apply, Get More Details From The World Bank Fellowship Program website.
Like This Article? Lets us know, College Reporters strongly believe in sharing. Do share with friends today on social media websites as a way of adding value. You can also leave a comment letting us know how helpful it is.
Also, Subscribe to our free email notification to receive more interesting information, programs, scholarships, and opportunities.