Call for application: University of Pretoria Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2021. The Foood Systems Research Network for Africa (FSNet-Africa) hosted by the University of Pretoria invites application for the Postdoctoral fellowship with the possibility of renewal for a further 2 years, dependent on satisfactory performance.
Applications are invited for the University of Pretoria Postdoctoral Research Fellowship: Food Systems Research Network for Africa. The Postdoctoral fellow will primarily support the FSNet-Africa team’s quantitative research activities, as well as monitoring and evaluation efforts.
The application for the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at University of Pretoria closes December 4, 2020.
The Food Systems Research Network for Africa (FSNet-Africa) is hosted by the University of Pretoria, South Africa. The Postdoctoral fellow will primarily support the FSNet-Africa team’s quantitative research activities, as well as monitoring and evaluation efforts. The fellow will be responsible for, inter alia, design and administration of online surveys, analysis of survey data and other quantitative research data, and the development of technical and non-technical reports and data visualisations from the aforementioned. The fellow will assist with the collection of project monitoring data, the collation and cleaning of monitoring data and reporting of data to project funders under the guidance of the FSNet-Africa Senior Learning Lead.
The fellow will contribute to, and co-author, academic publications with the research team. The project offers opportunities to participate the development of further funding proposals.
The fellow will provide similar support – on a limited basis – to the project principal investigator (PI) and senior researchers on other research projects led by the PI.
Through the fellowship, the postdoctoral fellow will have the opportunity to strengthen their interdisciplinary research skills, learn project management skills, develop international research networks and develop funding proposal writing skills.
Location: South Africa
Duration: 2 Years
Degree Level of Study: Fellowship (Postdoctoral)
The value of the fellowship is ZAR 240,000 – ZAR 360, 000 per annum (dependent on experience) as a tax-free stipend. No benefits or travel allowances are included in the value of the fellowship.
Requirements And Eligibility Criteria
- A PhD obtained in the past five years.
- Experience in quantitative data analysis, and in-depth knowledge of statistical analysis methods.
- Advanced proficiency in using either SPSS, R, Python or similar tools for data analysis.
- Proficiency in developing and delivering online surveys.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong IT skills, including – at minimum, advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Detail oriented with excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to get things done and a strong “end-product” orientation.
Added advantages and preferences
A PhD in a field related broadly to the food system will be an added advantage.
Experience or training in advanced data science techniques and big data methodologies will be an added advantage.
Experience in/knowledge of mixed-methods research approaches will be an added advantage.
Experience in/knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies will be an added advantage.
Applicants should provide the following before 4 December 2020:
- A letter of application describing their suitability for the fellowship
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and evidence of having graduated with (or submitted for) the PhD degree
- A CV including any publications or research output
- An example of a written output – either an academic publication or technical report.
- The names and contact details of 3 references.
How To Apply For University of Pretoria Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2021
Please Note: The University of Pretoria reserves the right to cancel incomplete applications, to effect changes to the conditions of the Fellowship and/or to make no awards at all.
Interested in submitting an application for the postdoctoral research fellowship? then follow the steps below
Make an application, and attachment of necessary documents submitted to Dr Melody Mentz-Coetzee via email at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the fellowship has been awarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake an inbox skills assessment.
Need To Apply?
Like This Article? Do let us know how helpful it is to you in the comment and share with friends on social media websites
Also subscribe to our free email notification to get interesting updates on colleges and programs, scholarships and financial aids with lot’s of opportunities for students.