The annual Alfred Friendly Press Partners Fellowship for Journalists from Developing Countries application is now open. An invitation to Early-career professional Print, broadcast and online journalists from developing countries.
Alfred Friendly Press Partners Fellowship will provide the fellow with experience in reporting, writing, editing, producing and editorial decision-making that will enhance future professional performance, foster existing ties between journalists and free press institutions in the United States and journalist from other countries.
The Alfred Friendly Press Partners In a conviction that a strong, free press is essential to the healthy functioning of a democracy conceived a fellowship program that would both impart American journalistic traditions and respond to worldwide interest in the dissemination of fair and accurate news.
Alfred Friendly Press Partners Fellowship
The following Alfred Friendly Press Partners Fellowship are open to journalist
General & Daniel Pearl Fellowships
Application deadline August 31, 2020
The Daniel Pearl Fellowship program will expose the fellow to the technological changes that are occurring in the industry, enable the fellow to gain a practical understanding of the function and significance of the free press in American society, transfer knowledge gained on the program to colleagues at home;
The fellowship program begins in March with a two-week orientation seminar in Washington, DC designed to prepare the fellows – both personally and professionally – for the challenges
The Daniel Pearl Foundation was formed in memory of the Wall Street Journal’s South Asia Bureau Chief, journalist/musician Daniel Pearl, who was murdered in 2002 in Karachi, Pakistan. The Foundation works internationally to promote cross-cultural dialogue and understanding, to counter cultural and religious intolerance, to cultivate responsible and balanced journalism, and to inspire unity and friendship through music.
TRACE Investigative Reporting Fellowship
Application deadline September 16, 2020
TRACE and Alfred Friendly do share the belief in the power of investigative journalism to maintain powerful leaders and strengthen democracies. TRACE sponsored its first partner in 2019, a Russian journalist placed in the Wall Street Journal.
Now in 2020, will provide journalists grants to those dedicated to the presentation of research reports. TRACE, through its Foundation, supports projects that promote greater commercial transparency.
The Foundation was created to promote, support and finance research, investigative journalism, publications, videos and related projects that promote greater corporate transparency and promote anti-corruption education.
The various Alfred Friendly Press partners fellowship application closes:
General & Daniel Pearl Fellowships (August 31, 2020)
TRACE Investigative Reporting Fellowship (September 16, 2020)
- The Alfred Friendly Press Partners Fellowship covers all costs of program-related international and domestic U.S. travel
- Health insurance
- A monthly stipend to cover basic living expenses.
- Please note: It is highly recommended that fellows bring additional money with them. While family members
may visit for up to one month.
Degree Level: Fellowships
Location: United State
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
- Early-career professional journalists from developing countries with proficiency in English
- Be of age 25-35 years
- Possesses at least three years of experience as a journalist at a print, online or broadcast media outlet.
- Participants who work as staff reporters in their host newsrooms are required to develop training plans that they implement when they return to their home newsrooms.
A complete application must includes all the documents/items listed below. All Applications
are only accepted by email.
- Completely filled application form
- A resume/CV
- Essay (Each of the essays should be one to two pages, 400 to 800 words, typed and in English)
Individual fellowship goals
- Letters of Reference (Two confidential reference letters are required)
- An Articles. Links to four published/broadcast stories that best show your interests and abilities.
- A photograph passport. One -size head-shot passport photo, taken maximum in the last six months.
- Press confidential. A clear photocopy/scan of your working press credentials, press pass or equivalent.
- Copy of Passport. A clear photocopy/scan of your valid passport. Please include picture, information pages and any
U.S. visas you’ve had. (If you hold more than one passport please send copies of each.)
- Copies of Driver’s Lincense. (if applicable) A clear photocopy/scan of your valid automobile driver’s license.
- An English language assessment
How to Apply
All Applications are only accepted by email. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Need to Apply?
Select the Alfred Press Partners Fellowship that interest you
General Fellowship: Click here to apply
Daniel Pearl Fellowship: Click here to apply
TRACE Investigative Reporting Fellowship: Click here to apply
Please contact Program Director David Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
Like This Article? Do well to let friends know by sharing on social media websites or refer to this article today.
Also, subscribe to our free email notification to receive mails on available interesting opportunities