United Nations Communication and Result Reporting Internship program 2020 application is now open. The interns position is for 6 months at maximum and full-time internship work for five days per week.
Internship Communication and Result Reporting Program
The United Nations Communication and Result reporting interns position is located in the CRRS of the United Nations Development Coordination Office (DCO) Headquarters in New York.
In its resolution A/RES/72/279, the United Nations General Assembly endorsed the transformation of DCO as stand-alone coordination office within the United Nations Secretariat. The new DCO assumes managerial and oversight functions of the Resident Coordinator System (RCS) under the collective ownership of the members of the United Nations Sustainable Development Group (UNSDG). The RCS encompasses all organizations of the United Nations system dealing with operational activities for development, regardless of their formal presence in the country.
Application deadline for the UN Communication and Result Reporting interns closes 2021 May 31.
Duration: The internship is for six (6) months at maximum, full-time. Interns work five days per week (35-40 hours) under the direct supervision of a staff member in CRRS.
Responsibilities to be Carried
The Intern may be responsible for the following duties:
- Identifying, researching, drafting and editing content (text, photos, documents and multimedia) for online publication (website and social media).
- Maintaining content on websites, official social media accounts and other official digital communication outlets presences according to established policies.
- Entering and reviewing information utilised on data-sharing and knowledge management platforms utilised across the Resident Coordinator System.
- Creating and editing infographics or social videos for posting on official digital communication outlets.
- Contribute to strategies for more effective audience engagement across digital channels.
- Assisting in posting content on knowledge management platforms and community of practice utilised by the Section;
Assisting in optimising websites for correctness, accessibility and search engine performance.
- Contributing ideas to projects for enhancing the reach of official digital communication outlets, identifying opportunities to reach a wider audience.
- Monitoring the usage of website and social media accounts using analytics and other statistical tools and techniques;
Media monitoring, fact-checking and related research work for stories from the Resident Coordinator System.
- Maintaining and updating media and subscription mailing lists for the Section and assisting in distributing various information products;
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Demonstrate ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in written and oral English is required.
Candidates interested in the interns position must include the following documents with an application
A Completed application (Personal History Profile) through the UN careers Portal. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. In your Personal History Profile (PHP), be sure to include all past work experiences, IT Skills, and three references.
Proof of enrollment: list of IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in using; and explanation of why you are the best candidate for the internship and what you hope to gain from the internship;
Copy of degree certificate (if a graduate).
How to Apply
Application is online, interested in submitting an application? proceed below to apply.
Need to Apply?
Need More Information?
Also subscribe to our free email notification to receive free mails on interesting and available opportunities of interest
Sharing is Caring, Do share with friends on social media websites use the buttons links below.