MCW Global’s year-long flagship program is for participants (18 to 26), who are prepared to become leaders of positive change in their communities by giving them the tools and skills needed to transform passion into action. The program is based on 3 phases:
Scholarship Field of Study
- MCW Global will cover program and flight costs.
- MCW Global will also cover costs during the summer retreat (July 23- August 1, 2019), including housing, food, travel to and from the retreat venues, and any necessary supplies.
- Demonstrate commitment to their community
- Identify an issue in their community to address
- Be between the ages of 18-26
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Commit to attending the 10-day retreat and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation
- Have access to email and Internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program
- Adhere to Young Leaders Access Program graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program)
- Submit a completed application on or before January 2, 2019
- Your resume should not be more than 1 page. We suggest that it be prepared in Times New Roman, 12 font, with 1-inch margins.
- 4. Two letters of recommendation
- Your letters should come from people who know your work ethic and commitment to your community. Friends and family members are discouraged from writing the letters of recommendation.
- Recommenders should state their name, position, and relationship to the applicant at the top of the letter.
- The letter should be on official letterhead, signed and dated.