The future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing by research scientist. IBM Research Internship 2020 is open to nationals of South Africa.
Discover how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today’s most complex challenges
The greates invention by IBM is the IBMer. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition.
We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action.
Why IBM Research Internship
IBM Research internship initiative is reaching out to outstanding young research talent and invite qualified masters and doctoral students in South Africa to apply for a internship position at one of the world largest and most influential corportate research lab- IBM in South Africa
The internship is open to any recognized MSc, MEng or PhD candidate working in the following areas at the time of application: Computational Biology; Computer Science; Data Science; Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering; Genomics; Industrial Engineering; Physics; Service Science; Statistics for a 6 -12 months internship.
Role and Responsibilities
Successful candidates will develop and deploy proof of concept technologies and algorithms for the projects they are assigned to.
The candidate will be expected to demonstrate the ability to define research questions, formulate hypothesis, and develop and demonstrate innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies. Furthermore, the candidate will be expected to collaborate extensively with internal and external teams.
Research projects will mostly be characterized by data driven innovation and machine learning, example research projects include: unsupervised machine learning on the cloud, traffic optimization, TB contact tracing, pulsar detection, genomics, computational biology, natural language processing applications in medicine, image analysis, air quality management, and stream processing analytics for the Square Kilometer Array radio astronomy project.
Many of the research projects will be geared towards having transformational impact in South Africa and across the African continent.
The internship opportunity is open to any recognized MSc, MEng or PhD candidate working in any of the following fields at the time of application:
Computational Biology; Computer Science; Data Science; Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering; Genomics; Industrial Engineering; Physics; Service Science; Statistics.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
- Be a South African Citizen.
- Member of designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act.
- Registered at a recognised university in one of the aforementioned fields of study.
- Demonstrable academic research proficiency based on the scientific method.
- Working knowledge of popular and current machine learning methods and implementation techniques.
- Experience in application programming notably for mobile and web-based applications, development of web APIs, and user experience design for a variety of platforms.
- The candidate should be comfortable applying their knowledge and expertise in different domains and partnering with domain experts.
- Candidates should have an applied knowledge in some of the following fields: data science, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, Internet of things, computer vision, software engineering, applied physics and statistics.
Experience with deep learning, signal and image processing, and computational mathematics will be advantageous.
How to Apply
Submit application online on th the website, see below link.
Register and fill all informations
Submit any required documentation
Submit completely filled application form
Need More Information
Sharing is Caring. Click the Share Button to share with friends on social media.
Also Subscribe to our free email notification to receive mail on more opportunities.