Application for Global Impact Scholarship 2020 for international students to study at Singapore Management University (SMU) is now open.
The Global Impact Scholarship 2020 is offered at Singapore Management University for students pursuing undergraduate study programme. Global Impact Scholarship Award is a premier flagship scholars’ award offered by Singapore Management University that is dedicated to nurture support students excellence global exposure a new generation of leaders, committed to helping to solve complex global and local challenges, thus making an impact on society.
The programme will provide a transformative learning experience that will nurture and hone the scholars’ capacity for:
- Critical, creative and innovative thinking
- A global mindset
- Social responsibility
- Commitment to excellence
Why SMU Global Imapct Scholarship
The transformative learning experience offered by the Global Impact scholarship programme includes 4 key drivers
- Strong Global Exposure.
- Exceptional Infusion of Experiential Learning.
- Robust Scholars’ Core Curriculum.
- Multiple Dual Degree Options.
These key drivers will set our Singapore Management University (SMU) Global Impact Scholars apart and equip them to lead globally and locally, making an impact on the future of an evolving and volatile world.
- Tuition fees coverage (after MOE Tuition Grant subsidy)
- S$5,000 annual living allowance
- S$1,800 one-time computer allowance upon enrollment
- S$14,000 Global Learning Opportunities Worldwide (GLOW) grant to fund part or combination of the following:
- Overseas Student Exchange/Summer Programme
- Overseas Community Service Project
- Overseas School Study Missions
- Overseas Case Competitions and presentations at Conferences
- An optional concurrent or sequential SMU Master’s programme up to S$40,000
- Up to S$9,000 for on-campus accommodation at the SMU Prinsep Street Residences in first year of studies
- Scholarship is bond-free
- Total scholarship value: S$130,600 (non-Law) and S$135,400 (Law)
Based on annual subsidised tuition fees in Academic Year 2018-2019
For international students interested in Global Impact Scholarship at Singapore Management University Applicants must:
- Be Singapore Citizens
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, local Polytechnic Diploma, International Baccalaureate Diploma, NUS High School Diploma or equivalent qualifications
- Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities and potential
- Possess excellent record in co-curricular and/or community activities
- Be applying for admission to a full-time undergraduate degree programme at SMU
Applicants are required to submit the following documentation
- Scholarship personal essay (to be completed and submitted online when applying for admission).
- Letters of recommendation by their tutor or principal are optional but applicants are strongly encouraged to obtain such recommendations to support their scholarship application. Details on how to nominate your referee can be found in the online application for admission (under Scholarship section). Please ensure that you give sufficient time to your referee to submit his/her recommendation online.
If you would like to be considered for this scholarship, please indicate your interest in the Scholarship section of the online application form for admission.
- There is no separate scholarship application form. Click apply to SMU.
- Applicants are required to submit a scholarship personal essay (to be completed and submitted online when applying for admission). Letters of recommendation by their tutor or principal are optional but applicants are strongly encouraged to obtain such recommendations to support their scholarship application. Details on how to nominate your referee can be found in the online application for admission (under Scholarship section). Please ensure that you give sufficient time to your referee to submit his/her recommendation online.
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on their academic qualifications and the strength of their non-academic records.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to SMU for a panel interview.
The deadline for application is
Need More details
For more informations visit the officail website Singapore Management Scholarships