The University of Otago invites application for Master of Professional Accounting Scholarship from International Students who want to pursue master degree study.
The university is pleased to offer a limited number of School of Business Masters of Professional Accounting merit based scholarships of NZ$10,000 for international students to study in New Zealand. This scholarship is for students who are interested to study Master of Professional Accounting in the university to obtain a master degree certificates.
Why Master of Professional Accounting in University of Otago?
The Master of Professional Accounting (MProfAcct) provides an scholarship opportunity for international graduates with little or no experience or qualifications in accounting to pursue professional accreditation in the University of Otago through an intensive course of study and applied research over a period of 18 months. On completion of the degree students can gain professional membership with CAANZ and CPA Australia.
The University of Otago is New Zealand’s first university, and prides itself on its long tradition of excellence. The University of Otago graduates are highly regarded by employers.
Otago offers a rich cultural life, reflecting a diverse international student community and New Zealand’s own multicultural population.
The Masters of Professional Accounting merit based scholarships include NZ$10,000
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- International students with any undergraduate degree, apart from Accounting, with grades equivalent to a NZ B average (GPA 3/4) and who meet the University of Otago’s English Language requirements.
- Accounting graduates who studied their undergraduate degree in a foreign language may be considered for admission, and students who have work experience are welcome to apply.
- To be eligible to be awarded the scholarship, students must have an unconditional offer (including meeting English language requirements) by 5pm, 31 October 2019 (NZ time). Applicants may be offered the scholarship before 31 October, but if they have not met their conditions by this date, the scholarship offer will be withdrawn.
- Current international students at the University of Otago are eligible to apply.
- Students who have been awarded another University of Otago scholarship are not eligible to be awarded this scholarship.
University Entry requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum of a B+ grade average
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with no band less than 6
- A candidate may be exempted from some of the required papers on the basis of previous study, subject to the approval of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Commerce). Alternative papers will be required to be at an equivalent level of study, and to a maximum of 20 points
- The MProfAcct commences in first semester each year – Enrolments are due by 10 December but late enrolments may be considered. To be included in the first semester intake, apply before the end of February.
How to apply
There is no separate application process for this scholarship. All applicants for the MProfAcct programme who submit the following additional documents will be considered for the scholarship:
A curriculum vitae (CV)
A cover letter outlining why they wish to study the MProfAcct at the University of Otago and why they are an excellent candidate for this programme.
If the documents have not been uploaded by eligible candidates during the programme application process, they will receive an alert in their eVision portal inviting them to apply for the scholarship by uploading the additional documents.
Students will be advised of the outcome of the scholarship if/when an offer letter is issued.
Apply now for the MProfAcct programme and $10,000 scholarship:
Need More Details
For More Information, visit the website of University of Otago Scholarship for International Students