Applications are invited for the University of Southern Denmark PhD Scholarship in Soft Robotics. The funded position focuses on the design and fabrication of a generic untethered soft robot capable of multimodal limbless locomotion gaits by taking inspiration from nature’s soft experts in crawling and slithering.
The fully-funded PhD Position in Soft Robotics at University of Southern Denmark starting academic year 2021 supports highly motivated, creative, and ambitious student with a good command of English (written and spoken), who can work well in a team as well as independently and quickly acquire knowledge in new topics.
The application for the PhD Scholarship in Soft Robotics at University of Southern Denmark closes December 1, 2020
About PhD Scholarship
The University of Southern Denmark is among selected schools by international students in Europe for study. The school is rich environment for innovation within robotics and automations
The PhD position focuses on the design and fabrication of a generic untethered soft robot capable of multimodal limbless locomotion gaits by taking inspiration from nature’s soft experts in crawling and slithering.
This project requires to integrate soft actuation, sensing, power supply, and computation in a unified soft robotic system.
Degree Level of Study: PhD
Duration: 3 Years
The candidate will be enrolled at SDU in accordance with Faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities
PhD fellow will receive start salary amounts to approx. 3.378,- EURO per month for a 3-year salaried position.
Eligibility Requirements For University of Southern Denmark PhD Scholarship in Soft Robotics
- Any international student from any part/region of the world.
- Candidate should have a master’s degree in engineering or a related field
- Candidate must be drive to design and fabricate physical robots, and preferably with experience in programming.
- Students with a good command of English (written and spoken), highly motivated, creative, and ambitious.
- The candidate is expected to take part in the teaching activities of the Center for Soft Robotics and SDU Biorobotics.
- Applications will be assessed by an assessment committee or an expert.
- The committee or expert may request additional information, and if so, it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide the necessary
- Applicants will be informed of their assessment by the Faculty.
- Shortlisting may be used. Shortlisted applicants will be assessed by an assessment panel.
- An interview might be part of the assessment process.
- A Completed TEK PhD application form.
- A Motivation letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. 2 pages). Upload in the field called “Project description”
- A Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
- Official bachelor and master’s degree and transcripts of exams, both verified copies of the original and translated into English.
- Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called “Publication”.
- An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
- References, if any. You’re welcome to use the form for reference letter at the Faculty website.
- List of publications and maximum 2 examples of relevant publications, if available. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
How To Apply For University of Southern Denmark PhD Scholarship in Soft Robotics
The University of Southern Denmark uses an online recruitment system. In order to apply, the application process must be completed in one move. This means that you cannot save the application form and return to complete the application.
To apply for th PhD position at the University of Southern Denmark, we kindly ask you to fill in the requested information and to enclose your application, CV, and other relevant information. All fields marked * MUST be filled in.
Need To Apply?
Like This Article? Do let us know how helpful it is to you in the comment and share with friends on social media websites.
Also, subscribe to our free email notification to get interesting updates on colleges and programs, scholarships and financial aids with lot’s of opportunities for students.