Applications are now open for the Heinz-Kühn-Foundation Scholarship for young journalist from developing countries. The funding for junior journalist is provided to help further their training and professional development.
The Heinz-Kühn-Foundation Journalism scholarships are intended to enable junior journalists to further their professional development and continue training in new surroundings, and to gain a first-hand and in-depth knowledge of the customs, opinions and way of life in other countries.
The application for the Heinz-Kühn-Foundation journalism scholarships closes on 30 November 2020.
About Heinz-Kühn-Foundation scholarships
The Heinz-Kühn-Foundation provides funds to enable candidates from developing countries to gain professional journalism experience in North-Rhine-Westphalia for up to three months.
Students who are young journalists from developing countries and North-Rhine-Westphalia are eligible for a scholarship if they satisfy the provided eligbility criteria.
Duration: six-week or three-month reporting trips in developing countries in Asia, Latin America and Africa.
Location: Various developing countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Degree Level Type: Training & Professional Development in Journalism
Successful scholars will receive
- a lump-sum contribution towards living expenses in the host country (with scholarship payments covering training and living expenses in the host country);
- a lump-sum allowance for flight and travelling expenses (the foundation pays a return air ticket for candidates from abroad);
- an allowance to cover costs of research materials (e.g. literature);
- an allowance for trips within the host country; and,
(if neccessary, for scholarship holders from abroad) a German language course of up to two months at the Düsseldorf or Bonn based Goethe-Institut.
Requirements/Eligibility For Heinz-Kühn-Foundation Journalism Scholarship
Are you a young journalist? Applicants who are young journalist from developing countries and North-Rhine-Westphalia are eligible for a scholarship if they satisfy the following requirements:
- Have a keen interest in development issues;
- Not older than 35 years of age;
- have already gained substantial professional experience in journalism (a completed college education is desirable);
- have a good command of the official language of their host country (candidates from abroad must at least have a basic knowledge of the German language).
Documentation Required For Heinz-Kühn-Foundation Journalism Scholarship
The following documents should be enclosed with the application:
- curriculum vitae in tabular form and a photograph;
- certificates of vocational training and present occupation;
- foreign languages certificates;
- German candidates should provide a detailed statement explaining their reasons for applying, their choice of host country and proposed topic of research.
- Candidates from abroad should provide a letter of motivation in German.
Highly Recommended Scholarship to Apply: Nanyang President’s Graduate PhD Scholarships For International Students in Singapore 2021/2022 (Fully Funded)
How To Apply For The Heinz-Kühn-Foundation Journalism Scholarship
Interested in submitting application? follow the below steps to assist you completely submit an application.
Journalists who meet the requirements for a scholarship should first contact the foundation to discuss possible host countries and their topics of interest.
Applications for the following year must be received by 30 November.
The foundation’s postal address is:
Ministerpräsident des Landes Nordrhein-Westfalen
Need To Apply?
For further information please contact
Mrs. Ute Maria Kilian in Düsseldorf
Telephone: +49 211 837 1274
Like This Article? Do let us know how helpful it is to you in the comment and share with friends on social media websites
Also subscribe to our free email notification to get interesting updates on colleges and programs, scholarships and financial aids with lot’s of opportunities for students.