The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science together with Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. This scholarship is meant for international students from outside the EEA who want to do their master’s in the Netherlands.
Scholarship DescriptionScholarship Course Level
- € 5,000 for the first year of your studies (No. of scholarships available will be announced soon).
- Have a look at the overview of the estimated costs of living in the Netherlands (excluding tuition fees).
- Please note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Application for an UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programmes starting in the academic year 2019/2020 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- You must have a student number.
- You have not graduated from a UT graduate programme;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class
Scholarship Application Procedure
- You have to apply for a Master’s programme first.
- Once you applied for a Master’s programme and received a (conditional) admission letter, you can apply for the scholarship with your student number.