The French Government is offering Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarships 2021/2022 to study in France as international student.
The Masters and PhD funding is offered to students from Developing Countries in some subjects; majorly three main fields-engineering, science, law,economics and management.
Application for the Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarship offered to foreign Students in France closes January 8, 2021.
About Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarship Programme
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program was established by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract top foreign students to enroll in their masters and PhD programs.
Eiffel Excellence Scholarship seeks to gives opportunity to the future foreign decision-makers of the private and public sectors, in priority areas of study, and encourages applicants up to 25 years old from developing countries at master’s level, and applicants up to 30 years old from developing and industrialized countries at PhD level.
Duration: The scholarship is awarded for:
a maximum of 12 months for entry at M2 level,
a maximum of 24 months for entry at M1 level,
a maximum of 36 months for an engineering degree.
Degree Level Type: Masters and PhD
The eligible fields of study are:
- Engineering (Master level) / Sciences in a broader sense (PhD level)
- Economics and Management
- Political Sciences
The Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,181 (a maintenance allowance of €1,031 and a monthly stipend of €150).
In addition, the following expenses are directly covered: – one international return journey; Page 3 of 6 – social security cover; – cultural activities. Scholarship holders may also receive an additional housing allowance, under certain conditions.
The Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,400.
In addition, the following expenses are directly covered: – one international return journey (for students in law or political sciences who may make several trips, only one return journey shall be covered); – social security cover; – cultural activities. Scholarship holders may also receive an additional housing allowance, under certain conditions.
Eligibility Criteria For Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarship
Interested applicants who want to study in France need to be meet the following requirements
- Only foreign nationals are eligible to apply for a scholarship from the French Government.
- In the case of dual nationality applicants, those with French nationality are ineligible.
- for master’s courses, candidates must be no older than 30 on the date of the selection committee meeting,March 2020; at PhD level, candidates must be no older than 35 on the date of the selection committee meeting, March 2020.
only applications submitted by French educational establishments are accepted. These establishments undertake to enrol scholarship holders on the course for which they have been selected. Applications submitted by any other means shall not be considered. Furthermore, any candidate nominated by more than one establishment shall be disqualified.
- scholarships are offered to students indicating interest to enrol on a master’s or PhD course at an engineering school.. The Eiffel Programme does not apply to French-run master’s courses abroad, as non-PhD scholarship holders must complete at least 75% of their course in France. It does not apply to training under an apprenticeship contract or a professional training contract either.
- Educational establishments that shortlist non-French speaking applicants must ensure that their level of French is sufficient to enable them to integrate satisfactorily into the anticipated course
- Combination with other scholarships: foreign students who, at the time of application, have already been awarded a French government scholarship under another programme are not eligible, even if the scholarship in question does not include social security cover.
- Eiffel PhD scholarships: Establishments may nominate a candidate who was previously awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level for a scholarship at PhD level. Candidates who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship once during their PhD cannot be awarded it for a second time. No application will be accepted for any student who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study.
- Eiffel master’s scholarships: no application will be accepted for any student who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study. Students who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level are not eligible to re-apply at master’s level.
- Posses Language skills: when pre-selecting non-French-speaking candidates, establishments must make sure that their language skills meet the requirements of the relevant course of study.
Selection/Evaluation Criteria For Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarship
Selection of Applicants will follow these selection criteria below
- Excellence performance of the applicants, as demonstrated by his or her university career so far and the originality of his or her research subject;
- International policy of the establishment nominating the candidate, its action in the geographical area in question, the excellence of the host department, the establishment’s compatibility with the candidate being nominated, its efforts to publicise the Eiffel Programme and its continued support of scholarship holders, especially through a partnership with France Alumni (https://www.francealumni.fr/en);
- The cooperation and partnership policy of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development, and in particular, the priority given to certain countries for this Programme.
- The committee marks each candidate for these three criteria and calculates a total score out of 50. It sets a minimum threshold for admissibility and distributes the scholarships as follows, depending on the number available:
- at least 70% of the scholarships are awarded to the highest-scoring candidates;
the remaining scholarships are distributed among the establishments that have not received one, for candidates who achieved scores above the minimum threshold.
How To Apply For The Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarship
Application for the Eiffel Masters and PhD scholarship is online application on the French Higher Education Institutions. Only applications submitted to the institutions are accepted.
Note: Before applying for this Scholarship do ensure you meet the requirements and submit complete application before the deadline
Need To Apply?
Like This Article? Do let us know how helpful it is to you in the comment and share with friends on social media websites
Also, subscribe to our free email notification ot get interesting updates on colleges and programs, scholarships and financial aids with lots of opportunities for students.