Applying to Yale
Yale Application Deadlines
- Single-Choice Early Action November 1
- QuestBridge National College Match November 1
- Regular Decision January 2
Yale University Programs
- Bachelor Degree: All applicants applying for undergraduate program first year
- Masters Degree: Graduate Students can take a study in postgraduate program or masters degree at Yale, international students application are accepted yearly.
- Doctoral Program
- Professional Schools: Yale offers program fro these schools;
Yale Admission Requirements
1. Application Fee or Fee Waiver
- You have received or are eligible to receive an ACT or SAT testing fee waiver.
- Public assistance is received by your family .
- You are enrolled in or eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL).
- You are a ward of the state or an orphan.
- Your annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
- You are enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g., TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- You live in a federally subsidized public housing, a foster home or are homeless.
- You can provide a supporting statement from a school official, college access counselor, financial aid officer, or community leader.
- If you feel that your college application and financial aid application fees present a severe hardship for your family, but you are not sure if you meet the qualifications as outlined above, please consider the final bullet point carefully.
- If there is an adult in your community who could attest to your family’s economic situation, please do not hesitate to request a fee waiver. You will not need to Submit supporting documentation unless specifically asked to do so. More information about the guidelines Yale uses to determine eligibility for fee waivers is on the Fee Waiver page. The fee waiver qualification scale is based on family size and income in US dollars, but is applicable to all international students as well as US residents.
2. Standardized Testing Requirements
- TOEFL (link is external)
- TOEFL internet-based – Score 100
- TOEFL Paper-delivered Test – Score 75
- The SAT or ACT Results
- SAT-Math – Score 740-790
- ACT Composite – Score 33-35
- IELTS (link is external) and Pearson Test of English (link is external)
- Duolingo English Test (link is external)
3. Recommendations (Recommendation or Reference Letter)
- Teacher/ Lecturer Recommendation
- Counselor Recommendation and School Report (including transcript)
Deadlines for Additional Required Documents and Required Testing
Yale University Fees/Cost
The Estimated Cost of Attendance
Scholarships for International students and U.S. taxes
Additional Application/Information Requirements
- Mid-Year Report