Application for 2021 Commonwealth Short Story Prize are now open for online entries. The Commonwealth Short Story Prize is awarded annually to creative writers with unpublished story.
The Commonwealth Short Story Prize began in the year 2012, Each year the annual story prize is awarded for the best piece of unpublished fiction with entries from all regions of Commonwealth
The Commonwealth Short Story Prize For Creative Writers application closes November 1, 2020
About Commonwealth Short Story Prize
The Commonwealth Short Story Prize began in the year 2012, with the launch of Commonwealth Writers. Free to enter having stories often come from countries and across five continents with little or no publishing infrastructure and from places that are marked by geographical, geopolitical or economic isolation.
The short story prize is awarded for the best piece of unpublished short fiction. Entry is always free and stories can be submitted without an agent. All that is required is an internet connection to submit your unpublished story of 2000-5000 words.
The Commonwealth Short Story Prize will be awarded to successful winners. The prize given are
Each regional winner receives £2,500
Overall selected winner receives £5,000
All winners story is published online on Granta, the magazine of new writing
Commonwealth Short Story Prize Requirements
Entries is open for the Commonwealth Short Story Prize, writers have to make online submission meeting the following criteria
- All entries are free and stories can be submitted online by any citizen/national of a commonwealth country
- Entries stories mus be a minimum of 2,000 words and 5,000 words maximum.
- All entrants must be from the Commonwealth region: Africa, Asia, Canada and Europe, Carribbeana, and Pacific.
- You must be 18 years at time of entries submission..
- All entries and stories are accepted in the following language Bengali, Chinese, English, French, Greek, Kiswahili, Malay, Portuguese, Samoan, Tamil and Turkish. Entries from any language tanslation into English are welcome.
- The entries must be an unpublished work, be the entrant’s own work and remain unpublished in any language until 1 May 2021.
- Only one entry per writer may be submitted for the Commonwealth Short Story Prize. Learn more guides and rules
Commonwealth Short Story Prize Regions
Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, eSwatini, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius,
Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania,
Uganda, Zambia. Overseas Territories: Saint Helena, Tristan Da Cunha, Ascension Island.
Asia: Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka
Canada and Europe: Canada, Cyprus, Malta, United Kingdom. Overseas Territories: Gibraltar,
Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana,
Jamaica, St Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago.
Overseas Territories: Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Montserrat, Turks
and Caicos Islands.
Pacific: Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands,
Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu. Overseas Territories: Cook Islands, Niue, Pitcairn.
How To Apply For Commonwealth Short Story Prize
interested in apply by submitting a story for the 2021 Commonwealth Short Story Prize? entries are now open and accepted via the online entry form.
Note: Deadline for submission of entries and story is November 1, 2020.
Need To Apply?
Like This Opportunity? Do let us know in the comment how helpful it is, Share with friends on Social Media Websites
Also, Subscribe for our free email notification to receive more available interesting information, opportunities, programs
https://www.commonwealthwriters.org -2021 Commonwealth Short Story Prize