The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships 2020-2021 application is now open to South Africans for a masters degree program. A fully funded award by the Swedish institute study for MSc degree.
Apply for the 2020/2021 Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISSA) For South Africans.
Are you a South African citizen who is talented, ambitious and want to study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded scholarship? Consider this scholarship award and start applying. Read more to find out if you can apply to the Swedish Institute Scholarships for South Africa.
Scholarships Application Deadline
The 2020/2021 Swedish Institute Study Scholarships application deadline is February 20, 2020.
Why Apply For Swedish Institute Scholarships
The scholarship is a fully-funded masters scholarship covering tuition fees, travel grants, living expenses and membership of SI.
Swedish Institute Study scholarship has a value that covers
- Tuition fees: pay directly to the Swedish university by SI.
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month.
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 .
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network and experience, while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development.
- The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire scholarship period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
Swedish Institute supports Masters degree program.
Eligibility And Requirements
- Be a citizen of South Africa to be eligible for SISSA. Learn More
- The master’s studies must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give greatest priority to certain subject areas. Learn More
- You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 3 April 2020. Read more
Priority will be given to South African Citizens who have
- Completed bachelor’s with honours or equivalent from a South African university.
- Demonstrated work and leadership experience, and choosing study programmes with an emphasis on one of the following subject areas ):
- Computer science and IT
- Design (industrial design, architecture, urban/regional planning)
- Environmental technology/Sustainable development
- Gender studies
- Public health
The required listed documents for the scholarship application will need to submitted online. SISS will not consider any other documents than the required ones.
The compulsory documents required are:
A Motivation Letter: you must use the SISSA form for motivation letter 2020/2021. Fill in and upload the motivation letter as a PDF-file on the application portal during the application period. Forms will be uploaded on the website by the end of January 2020.
A Curriculum Vitae (CV): you must use the SISSA template for CV 2020/2021 and the CV should not exceed three pages.
A Copy of Your Passport: your personal data including name, citizenship and photograph must be shown clearly. Copy of passport should be included together with the CV as a last fourth page. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your valid passport showing that your citizenship is South Africa, to include in your application.
Please use our SISSA forms to provide one or two letters of reference and proof of work and leadership experience.
- One or two letters of reference
- Proof of work and leadership experience
These documents should be signed by the referee and stamped with official stamp of the referred organisation or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file
Make sure you have a complete application
A complete application must consist of: completed motivation letter, CV and copy of your valid passport. If your application is missing one of the required documents above, it will be disqualified.
How To Apply For Swedish Institute Study scholarship 2020/21
You must complete your applications in English. Use our forms provided and complete them according to the instructions, otherwise your applications will be disqualified.
Steps to Apply For Swedish Institute Study scholarship.
- Apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se before 15 Jan 2020.
- To begin with, apply for up to four eligible master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se by 15 January 2020.
- Once you have submitted your application to the master’s programme(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying for our scholarships. Make sure that you type the correct number in the online application form, or otherwise your application will be disqualified.
If you missed the deadlines or failed to follow the application procedure at University Admissions, you will not be eligible for SI scholarships.
Need More Information?
Apply, Get Further details About Swedish Institute Study scholarship
Wishing You Best Of Luck In Your Application.