The main aim of this scholarship programme is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them to establish academic and research contacts. The scholarships are financially supported by the Coimbra Group member universities participating in this programme, while the Coimbra Group Office is in charge of the administrative management of the applications.
The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in the 2019 edition of the scheme:
- University of Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Coimbra (Portugal)
- University of Cologne (Germany)
- University of Granada (Spain)
- University of Graz (Austria)
- University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Pavia (Italy)
- University of Poitiers (France)
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
- University of Siena (Italy)
How to Apply Coimbra Group Scholarship2019
Application for the Coimbra Group Scholarship can be made by interested candidates that need to carry out their research in Coimbra Group University, at the scholarships program web page (read further and apply)
Scholarship Applications Deadline
Coimbra Group Scholarship Applications Deadline for applicants is March 31, 2019.
Scholarships are available to pursue research programme.
Field of Study
Scholarships are awarded to carry their available research at the universities.
The scholarships award is worth
1 – 3 months stay abroad at Coimbra Group University to carry out part of their research
Read Also; Yale University Admission-Requirements, Fees| How to Apply
Applicant must be from any African countries except Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia (applicants from these countries are eligible under the Scholarship Programme for Young Researchers from the European Neighbourhood).
Scholarship are offered for study in Europe.
- Applicants need be from any African countries except Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia (applicants from these countries are eligible under the Scholarship Programme for Young Researchers from the European Neighbourhood).
- Applicants should be:
- born on or after 1 January 1974
- nationals of and current residents in a country in Sub-Saharan Africa
- current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa
- of doctoral/postdoctoral or equivalent status.
Note: In most universities the language of instruction is that of the country itself, but in many universities it is possible to use
English as the working language.
How to Apply
NOTE: It’s important all candidates go through application procedure/requirements carefully and review before applying for scholarship.
In order to apply
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE APPLYING
- Applicants should provide the name and contact details of an academic supervisor in the receiving Coimbra Group University who will supervise their work during their stay abroad. If you do not have any contacts, we suggest you visit the website of your chosen institution or get in touch with the contact person whose email address is indicated in the brochure. The Coimbra Group Office is not in the position to provide assistance in this.
- All applicants are requested to provide a letter/e-mail of acceptance (to be submitted together with your application) written by the head of the academic supervisor or administrative unit of the host university where you would like to carry out the proposed working plan. The letter should state that the supervisor is willing to work with you in case you obtain a Coimbra Group Scholarship.
- Applicants can select one institution only. Multiple applications from the same candidate will be rejected.
- Please fill in your application form only when you have all the data available (i.e. name of and letter of acceptance by supervisor at Coimbra Group University, etc.). Incomplete applications will be rejected, no exceptions will be made.
- The dates of your stay should be agreed upon between the applicant and the academic supervisor at the Coimbra Group University. Typically this will be during the academic year 2019/2020.
Application for this scholarship is carried out online at the scholarship page click below link