Table of Contents
Applications are now open for the IREX 2021/2022 Community Solution Program. The Community Solution Program is offered to leaders who are professionals working to improve their communities by addressing issues related to energy and the environment, peace and conflict resolution, transparency and accountability, and women and gender.
If you are seeking for an opportunity to develop a professional experience through organized professional program for leaders consider the IREX Community Solution Program at the U.S for a hand on professional experience.
The application for the Community Solution program (CSP) closes on October 28, 2020.
Why IREX Community Solution Program
Are you a community activist interested in getting on hands-professional experience? The Community Solutions Program (CSP) is a year-long professional development program for people who are working to improve their communities by addressing issues related to energy and the environment, peace and conflict resolution, transparency and accountability, and women and gender. Community activists will be selected to participate in the program that includes:
Are you a startup or SME with an innovative tech solution in any of the following areas.
Community Leadership Institute: Community Solutions fellows participate in the Community Leadership Institute, a leadership training program designed to strengthen their leadership and management skills. The Institute includes face-to-face trainings, online courses, professional coaching, and networking.
Community-based initiatives: While in the U.S. and with the help of their U.S. host organization, Community Solutions fellows design and plan a community development initiative or project to carry out after they return home. Once the fellows depart the U.S., they put these projects into action in their home communities
Four-month Fellowship in the United States: Community Solutions fellows are matched to host organizations throughout the U.S. where they complete a four-month, hands-on professional experience.
Location: United State
Duration: 4 Months in the U.S
The Community Solution Program covers the cost of most expenses associated with the following :
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip travel from participants’ home city to the U.S.
- Monthly allowance to cover housing, meals, and other living expenses while in the U.S. and
- Accident and sickness insurance
IREX 2021/2022 Community Solution Program Requirements
To be eligible for the Community Solutions Program, applicants must meet the requirements listed below
- Applicants must be between the ages of 25 and 38 as of January 1, 2021.
- Be a citizen of any country (see eligible countries) for eligibility country base on region.
- Be available to travel to the U.S. for four months from August to December 2021.
- Applicants must not be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. and have not applied for U.S. permanent residency within the past three years.
- Applicant is not currently participating in an academic, training, or research program in the U.S.
- Have at least two years of experience working on community development, either as a full-time or part-time employee or volunteer.
- Have a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English at the time of application. Selected applicants into the semifinalist stage are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Be committed to returning to your home country for a minimum of two years after completing the program.
- Not a current IREX employee or consultant, or their immediate family member.
- You are eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa
- Applicants who have participated in an exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Government must have fulfilled their two-year home residency requirement. check the application guidelines and instruction for more details.
IREX Community Solution Program Eligible Countries
Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine
Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and West Bank/Palestinian Territories
East Asia and the Pacific: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam
South and Central Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan
Western Hemisphere: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, and Uruguay
A completed programme application form with all details and information required.
How To Apply For IREX 2021/2022 Community Solution Program
Completely fill out the application form.
Deadline for applications: October 28, 2020. 11.59PM EST
Need To Apply?
Like This Article? Do let us know in the comment how helpful it is, do share with friends on social media websites
Also, Subscribe to our free email notification to receive updates on interesting scholarships, opportunities, programs and college guides.
https://www.irex.org/program– 2021/2022 Community Solution Program