The World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2020/2021 is now accepting applications on behalf of three institutions (the World Bank, IFC and MIGA).
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a two-year leadership development program at the start of a five-year employment contract with the World Bank and opportunity for Young Professional who have both a passion for international development/finance and potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across the World Bank Group(WBG).
The application for the WBG Young Professional Program time duration before closing is
- June 1 – 30, 2020: Applications Open for all World Bank, IFC and MIGA profiles
- August 17 – September 2021: Applications Re-Open for IFC & MIGA profiles only
The WBG YPP offers a competitive salary and benefits package as part of a 5-year term contract. Benefits include health, life and accident insurance, a pension plan and possible relocation and mobility benefits depending on WBG guidelines.
WBG Young Professionals Program Key Features
YPs are full-time employees, making significant contributions to their respective unit’s work program, while building networks and knowledge across the Bank Group through the YPP. They often join field missions, where they work on the frontlines of WBG operations, learning key aspects of our work and directly engaging with our clients.
Leadership Development Through the WBG YPP curriculum, YPs develop the foundational knowledge to contribute to our business and the competencies to lead. Activities range from leadership and professional development workshops to networking, mentorship and conversations with WBG leadership.
Training on WBG Policies, Products & Operations YPs engage in intensive training on the policies, products and operations of the World Bank, IFC and MIGA. This aspect of the WBG YPP curriculum ensures that YPs know how to operationalize joint WBG solutions to development challenges, and how to retain and apply this knowledge for years to come.
Global Rotations across WBG YPs participate in at least one rotation within their home institution, with some engaging in additional rotations to another institution, with the goal of developing and applying skills across the business. Rotations are a core component of the curriculum, providing YPs the exposure to understand how our institutions work (and can work together) as well as how to align their skills to priority areas, like countries affected by fragility, conflict and violence (FCV), and other challenging environments.
Coaching & Mentoring
YPs are assigned several mentors at the peer and departmental level. Mentors can provide advice on various topics ranging from settling into Washington, DC to identifying career opportunities throughout the YP experience, and beyond.
Networking Events In addition to the program orientation and graduation ceremonies, the WBG YPP office organizes regular events for YPs to stay in touch with program alumni, stakeholders and broader WBG staff.
Management Supported Rotations & Job Placements YPs are provided management-level support in their transitions to rotations and post-YPP job placements, ensuring their skills are best placed across the business.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
Who is eligible to apply? To be considered for the WBG Young Professionals Program (YPP), applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1988
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Be fluent in English
- The Banks Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
Additional Consideration Requirements
To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement, communication and team leadership skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant sector trends
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
Graduate Degree Requirements
For WB placement: Complete a relevant graduate degree by June 30, 2020 or a PhD before September 2021
For IFC & MIGA placement: Complete a relevant graduate degree before September 2021
Professional Experience Requirements
For WB placement: Demonstrate 3+ years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in continued study at the doctoral level
For IFC & MIGA placement: Demonstrate 4+ years of relevant experience in finance, political risk insurance and credit enhancement, project/program development, economic development and/or consulting. Certifications such as the CFA are a plus.
The following application checklist must be provided
- Academic Credentials
- 2 Short Essays
- Question 1 In 500 words or less, please tell us what inspires you to work at the World Bank Group and why you would be a good fit for the WBG YPP. You may incorporate your personal and professional experience (area of expertise, region or sector) in your answer.
- Question 2 In 500 words or less, please share your thoughts on the value of the new World Bank Group Young Professionals Program and why joint WBG solutions (public, public-private & private) to development challenges are so important.
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates only)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations: Recommendations will be requested via email during the eligibility screening stage.
World Bank Group Young Professional Programme Interview
Candidates are assessed based on experience, technical expertise, and competencies such as client orientation, leadership and communication.
To ensure the safety of our current and prospective staff, WBG is currently monitoring closely the COVID-19 developments, the 2020 YPP interviews will be conducted virtually. Additional activities may include:
An assessment center, where you will be asked to review and discuss documents
Timed computer-based financial tests
Applicants who are invited to interview will be provided with more detail as the process moves along. You may check tips for an interview at WBG
How to Apply For World Bank Group Young Professional Programme
Planning to submit an application to World Bank Group for Young Professional Programme. Follow the procedure below
Please Note: Applications for the inaugural WBG YPP cohort are open from June 1 – June 30 for all profiles and will reopen from August 17 – September 21 for IFC and MIGA profiles only.
Like to submit an application? please indicate your interest. The application process are
The candidates must fill in the online application form on website portal(Link is given below)
Submit completely filled application form
Need to Apply?
Also subscribe to our free email notification to receive mails on available interesting opportunities
Sharing is Caring, Do Share with Friends on Social Media Websites today.