A MasterCard Foundation partnership, As the University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently providing Postgraduate Level scholarships in 2020/2021 for high achieving African students who are interested need to pursue studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2020.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program MCFSP offers a full funding scholarship to selected successful students who submit admission and scholarship application and have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at the University of Pretoria. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
Submit an application, as the MasterCard Foundation in a partnership with University of Pretoria UP open application for the Postgraduate Scholarship. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) focus and select academically talented yet economically challenged young Africa people who will support by contributing to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership.
The application deadline for MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UP closes on September 18, 2020. Do bear in mind while applications to study at the University of Pretoria UP close on 31 August 2020.
If your application is successful, the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program to be pursued at UP will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- A modest monthly stipend
- Textbooks and printed material
- Medical aid cover for the duration of the study
- VISA costs
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Leadership development opportunities
- Academic advising and counselling support
Location: South Africa
Degree Level: Postgraduate (Master and Doctorate)
Courses: Postgraduate scholars support
Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
Faculty of Humanities for entry into the Honours or Masters (Political Studies or International Studies only)
Faculty of Engineering – continuing students are eligible to apply
For more information on the specific courses offered in the abovementioned faculties, READ: List of University of Pretoria UP Postgraduate Program and Courses available for funding.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for the scholarship, you MUST have been
- Enrolled for a University of Pretoria postgraduate program is fully online at www.up.ac.za/apply and admitted into a degree at UP. You will need your student number to complete the MCFSP application, which must be
- Attach by uploading to accompany by your academic records and other supporting documents as outlined in the application form.
- Be sure to include documents that support what your family, guardian or foster
parents can afford to pay.
- Only students admitted to full-time study at UP will be considered for the scholarship.
- Only prospective students who cannot afford to pay the full fees are eligible to apply. Do not apply for funding if you or your parents, guardian or foster parents can afford the full tuition fees.
- All the information provided must be accurate and true. Any falsification of
information on the application form may result in disqualification from consideration for a scholarship.
- The following documents will be needed for the postgraduate programme and scholarship at University of Pretoria. Such documentation include
- Academic transcript and certificates
- Letter of Purpose
- Recommendation letter
- bank statements, pay slips and loan documents.
How to Apply
Planning to pursue a postgraudate program but lack fund, are you interested to submit an application to University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program for young African students. Follow the procedure below
Like to submit an application? please follow the application process below,
The candidates must apply in the online application form on website portal(at www.up.ac.za/apply.)
As soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
Provide all personal and required information.
Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form to the following address:
University of Pretoria
Student Service Centre
The application will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty and you will be informed of the outcome.
Postgraduate applicants to the university are required to have their certificate verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Please visit www.saqa.org.za
Download application forms for the MCFSP from www.up.ac.za/mcfsp. Submit completely filled postgraduate scholarship application form
Need to Apply?
Also subscribe to our free email notification to receive mails on available interesting opportunities
Sharing is Caring, Do Share with Friends on Social Media Websites today.