Table of Contents
University of Otago International Pathway Scholarship application is now open. The Otago Pathway scholarship/funding will be offered to students who are applying for the University of Otago Foundation Year programme commencing in the 2020/2021 academic year.
The Otago International Pathway Scholarship is designed to support promising international students through pathway programmes into study at the university.
The Otago international pathway Scholarship application is ongoing and provided throughout the year.
Location: New Zealand
The scholarship/funding value is NZ$4,000 for tuition fees.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
Scholarship applicants must be:
- International students who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents; and
- Have an Offer of Place for the University of Otago Foundation Year.
- The scholarships are only for international students. New Zealand citizens, permanent residents and resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia are not eligible.
- Eligible students must have an Offer of Place for an eligible programme.
- Deferral of the scholarship is not normally possible. However, there may be exceptions related to COVID-19.
- The scholarship applies for one year of study only.
- The scholarship is applied as a tuition fee rebate.
- Unless an exception is specified, this scholarship cannot normally be held concurrently with other scholarships.
- In order to receive the scholarship, recipients must be enrolled and studying the programme stated in the Offer of Place.
Recipients agree to reasonable requests from the University of Otago to appropriately represent the University and the scholarship.
- The University of Otago may, at any time, suspend or terminate the scholarship, or require the forfeiture of such proportion of the scholarship as the University of Otago may determine if it is not satisfied that the recipient is enrolled and studying full-time, full-year, and diligently pursuing a full-time, full-year programme or if the recipient has brought the University of Otago or the scholarship into disrepute.
- Upon the termination of a student’s enrolment for any reason, including his or her withdrawal, entitlement to scholarship funding shall be cancelled. In such circumstances, the University may also require repayment (in part or full) of any scholarship payments already made
How to Apply
The application process for scholarship requires interested applicants to enroll in the Foundation Year programme before the commencement of programme,
Applicants will need to include a brief letter of introduction, requesting the scholarship.
The letter should describe their academic achievements to date, their work habits and their academic goals.
The awarding of scholarships is at the absolute discretion of the University of Otago.
Need to Apply?
Need More Information?
Get further details, visit the official website of the University of Otago scholarship and funding
Like This Opportunity? Do well to let us know how helpful it is to you, Share with friends on social media websites.
Also, Subscribe to our free mail notification to receive more chances and opportunities on financial aids, grants, scholarships and programs.