Do you seek for Postgraduate study in Scotland? University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships Programme is now open to students from African regions.
The Mastercard postgraduate funding at University of Edinburgh for the 2021/22 academic year will provide African students with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities during their study.
Applications for University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Postgraduate 2021/22 entry are now open and will close on October 30, 2020 at 2pm UK time.
Location: Scotland, UK
Duration: Full duraton of selected programme
Degree Level Type: Postgraduate (Masters degree level)
The scholarship will provide full scholarships, including accommodation costs, living costs, travel and tuition fees to students taking courses on campus at Edinburgh. 60 Scholars from other MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program institutions will also benefit from participating in a number of online distance learning Masters programmes offered by the University of Edinburgh.
Postgraduate masters Scholars will:
- Complete six courses followed by the production of a dissertation;
- Participate in a retreat designed to nurture leadership skills;
- Attend a short Summer School; and
- Undertake an internship which will include reflective learning.
Select Available Postgraduate Program to Study
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate degree programs;
On Campus Learning Postgraduate Scholarship
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MA Design for Change
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MSc Finance, Technology and Policy
- MSc Food Security
- MSc Design Informatics
Online Learning Postgraduate Scholarship
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide postgraduate online scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
postgraduate funding are available for the following postgraduate programs:
- MSc International Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MSc Global Food Security and Nutrition
- MSc Carbon Management
- MSc Social Justice and Community Action
- MSc Data Science, Technology and Innovation
- MSc Digital Education
- MSc One Health
- MSc Global Challenges
Note: The Online Masters qualifications though the University of Edinburgh are fully equivalent to Masters degrees taught on campus.
Requirements For The University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Postgraduate Scholars Program
- Applicants must have graduated no later than September 2020
- Applicants must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. We also particularly invite applications from nationals of Malawi, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Applicants currently residing outside of this region for education reasons only can still apply.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community
- Applicants are able to present economic circumstances which show they lack financial means to pursue higher education in their home country or elsewhere
- Applicants must want to study one of the eligible degree programmes at the University of Edinburgh
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree programme of their choice
- Applicants should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously and should not be enrolled at a separate university while on scholarship
How To Apply For Mastercard Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship Program
Application to the scholarship and the University of Edinburgh is online
If you are interested in applying for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program please apply for the scholarship first. If you are successful in the scholarship process, the team will support you to apply for admission to your chosen degree programme.
Need To Apply?
Like This Article? Do let us know how helpful it is to you in the comment and share with friends on social media websites
Also, subscribe to our free email notification ot get interesting updates on colleges and programs, scholarships and financial aids with lots of opportunities for students.