The UN Global Climate Action Awardee can be you. Submit application for the United Nation Global Climate Action Award 2020 if you are leading a results-driven project that is successfully addressing climate change.
Spearheaded by UN Climate Change’s Momentum for Change initiative, the United Nation (UN) Global Climate Action Award shines a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
Why United Nation Global Climate Action Award
The UN Global Climate Action Awards are an opportunity to recognize leaders who are not only taking such action, but providing an inspiring example for other governments, businesses, cities and communities to follow.”
The 2020 call for award application recognizes these three categories areas of focus:
Financing for Climate Friendly Investment: recognizing successful financial innovations for adaptation and climate mitigation.
Climate Neutral Now: recognizing efforts by individuals, companies and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality.
Women for Results: recognizing the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change.
Deadline of Award Application
Applications for the 2020 Award closes April 30, 2020
The following benefits will be received by award winners
1. Engagement with policy makers
- Recognition by the UNFCCC secretariat;
- Funded attendance to UN Climate Change Conference (apart from winners under the Financing for Climate Friendly
- investment category, which need to be self-funded to attend the Conference);
- Opportunities to present work to policy makers during the UN Climate Change Conference.
2. Public relations support
- Concentrated media engagement effort prior to and during the UN Climate Change Conferences, including placement of opinion pieces and earned media;
- On-going digital campaign, including social media, email marketing and promotion on UN Climate Change website.
3. Marketing support
- Promotional videos;
- Dedicated webpage on the UN Climate Change website;
- Interactive annual reports;
- Professional photography.
Eligibility and Requirements
Check the following eligibility criteria before applying for the award. Your activity must meet the eligibility criteria for its respective area of focus.
- Open to Organizations, governments, businesses, universities, communities, cities and others that are taking concrete action on climate change can apply to have their projects recognized by the UN Climate Change secretariat as a 2020 Lighthouse Activity.
- Address climate change mitigation or adaptation;
- Be already implemented, or in the course of implementation;
- Be scalable and/or replicable with potential for long-term impact;
- Be innovative and/or demonstrate potential for long-term transformational change;
- Deliver verifiable social and environmental benefits;
- Not be registered or have intentions to register as a clean development mechanism (CDM) or joint implementation (JI) initiative in the next two years.
How to Apply
Do ensure you meet the eligibility and criteria before proceeding to application
To start and submit application, accesss the online application portal
Register on the portal and fill the required information, you may save the application process and continue later
Submit a completely filled application form before the deadline 30 April, 2020.
Like This Article? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get more inforamtion, opportunities, scholarships, awards and study guides.
Also subscribe to our free email notification to get updated information.