UNAOC was established in 2005, under the auspices of the United Nations receives co-sponsorship by the Governments of Spain and Turkey.
United Nation Alliance of Civilization (UNAOC) works towards a more socially inclusive world, with the sole objectives of building equal and mutual respect among peoples of different ethnical and religious identities, and spotlight the will of the world’s majority and not accepting violent extremism but embrace diversity.
UNAOC YOUTH SOLIDARITY FUND (YSF)
The Youth Solidarity Fund of UNAOC was established in 2008 and supports Organisations that are youth-led and promote inclusive and peaceful society. Young people with demonstration of innovation and effective approaches to intercultural or interfaith dialogue receive funding seed for their projects.
The projects must be able to have an impact on entire communities, oftentimes relates with religious or political leaders, policy-makers, educational institutions, media organizations, youth-led and youth focus (age18-35 years).
UNAOC (YSF) projects funded, targets young people from various societal backgrounds like students, marginalized youth, minorities, youth in rural or urban areas, youth in conflict or post-conflict situations, artists and activists.Youth led organizations receives an offer of technical support and capacity building during and after implementation of funded projects in the areas; monitoring and evaluation, financial management, media relations, gender mainstreaming, advocacy, networking and sustainability.
UNAOC YOUTH SOLIDARITY FUND APPLICATION
Youth led organization interested in the application need to create an account and apply for the fund.
Application is made on the UNAOC youth solidarity fund application portal with an application form.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR UNAOC YOUTH SOLIDARITY FUND APPLICATION
These documentation are needed for the application. Organizations or individual representing an organisation applying for YSF are to submit the documents by uploading with the application form.
- A copy of the registration certificate of the applicant organization;
- A copy of the statutes/by-laws of the applicant organization;
- An organizational chart, depicting the ages of key decision makers within the organization;
- A biography of the current Executive/Managing Director, showing date of birth (1 page maximum);
- The resume/CV of the project coordinator (2 pages maximum);
- A picture or scan of the project coordinator’s passport identification page. If the project coordinator does not have an international passport, upload his or her national identification card.
- Word/character limit for each question in the application form needs to be respected. The application system automatically counts words and characters.
ELIGIBILITY FOR UNAOC YOUTH SOLIDARITY FUND
Eligibility criteria for youth organizations:
Before commencing application youth organizations are to check the eligibility and requirements for application. The below criterias are to be fulfulled by every applying youth organization:
- Organization must be youth-led.
- Organization positions and decision-making roles are majorly held by women and men between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Organization must be a non-profit, non-governmental organization (with the exception of national youth councils) registered in the country of operation as a charity, trust, foundation or association;
- Organization must be officially registered and operational for a minimum of 2 years by the deadline for applications with funding base and project implementation (e.g. operational in August 2017 or earlier).
- Organization must be registered and operate in one of the listed countries below.
- Organization must possess a democratic governance structure and decision making mechanism, including consultative processes in formulating priorities and policies.
- Organization must possess ability to demonstrate proper and consistent monitoring, evaluation and record-keeping of their activities, including project evaluation reports and financial accounts.
- Organization need have a gender perspective/balance reflected in their staff, beneficiaries and activities.
- Organization need have no adherence to or affiliations with violent ideologies or antagonism against any particular country, culture, religion or belief system, ethnic group, gender, etc.; and
- Organization must not receive funding under past editions of YSF or did not receive the Intercultural Innovation Award.
List of Eligible Countries for UNAOC Youth Solidarity Fund.
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Cambodia, Cameroon
- Central African Republic
- China People’s Republic
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Iran (Islamic Republic of)
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Saint Helena
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- State of Palestine
- Syrian Arab Republic
- United Republic of Tanzania
- Viet Nam Yemen
UNAOC YOUTH SOLIDARITY FUND APPLICATION- HOW TO APPLY
Application for UNAOC Youth Solidarity Fund 2019 are available to all youth-led organisation.
The steps outlined can be followed for best and complete application for a selection by UNAOC. You can find more details on Youth Solidarity Fund Application Guidelines
STEPS TO APPLY
Check the eligibility and requirements for applying to UNAOC youth solidarity fund
Get all need documents available and make a scanned copy
Register online at UNAOC to fill the application form
Completely fill application form with all relevant and necessary details, attach application forms with the scanned copy of documents. Do a check for errors or missed out information and submit an application through the UNAOC online application system
In order to be considered, complete and valid application package must be submitted by Interested organizations applying at http://apply.unaoc.org
UNAOC YOUTH SOLIDARITY FUND APPLICATION DEADLINE
The application deadline is Friday, 30 August 2019, 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time in New York.