Table of Contents
African Women Leader Fund is an initiative by United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) and Standard Bank Group to provide an innovative impact fund for African Women Fund Managers.
The UNECA/Standard Bank Group African Women Leadership Fund Initiative, the first of its kind, aims to raise up to $1 billion over 10 years (€910 million or R19 billion) for female fund managers, who in turn will invest in high-impact businesses and projects across the continent, thus driving entrepreneurship.
The African Women Leadership Fund initiative for African Women Fund Managers through UNECA and Standard Bank Group has been established with the aim of uplifting female-owned and managed asset management firms.
Women Fund Managers are encouraged to apply for the African Women Leadership Fund Initiative 2020. Standard Bank Group will support through partnership with with UNECA to assist in the manager selection process which involve an extensive due-diligence process.
About The African Women Leadership Fund Initiative
Through the African Women Leadership Fund Initiative (AWLFI), the Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)has partnered with the Standard Bank Group aiming to create a fund sustainable platform with aim of making a social impact and to accelerate the growth of women-owned and operated investment funds and companies across Africa.
The application deadline for the UNECA/Standard Bank Group African Women Leader Fund initiative ends by June 30, 2020
Fund Initiative aims to raise up to $1 billion over 10 years (€910 million or R19 billion) for women fund managers, who in turn will invest in high-impact businesses and projects across the continent,
Opportunity Type: Fund
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
Who is eligible for the fund,
- Applicants must be female, reside in Africa or be willing to relocate to Africa, and need to have proven fund- or asset-management experience. They will be subject to an investment and operational due-diligence process that will need to be completed by the end of August 2020, with the first phase of the fund becoming fully operational in the fourth quarter of this year.
- Established women fund managers in the listed or private market space who own, or partly own, an asset management firm.
- Women professionals working in existing and established firms with suitable fund management experience (experience can be as a co-fund manager) in the listed or private market space
- Under this first phase of the AWLF Initiative’s implementation, funding will be allocated to asset managers across North, East, Southern and West Africa. Allocations will be made with a view to achieving the best possible regional and geographic diversification.
- The second phase of the fund’s launch will be announced at a later stage and investments will be made into women-owned or women-managed private equity funds. The third phase will target first-time women fund managers through an Emerging Manager Seed Capital Programme.
- While the fund is sector-agnostic, it will have a preference towards high-impact sectors including manufacturing, education, healthcare, renewable energy, and technology.
African Women Leadership Fund Initiative (AWLFI) Rollement Phases
The African Women Leadership Fund Initiative will be rolled out in three (3) fund phase. THESE ARE:
Phase 1: AWLFI will invest in established women-owned fund management firms or in fund managers with the capability to take on segregated mandates. These Managers will operate in the listed space.
Phase 2: In the second round of funding, the AWLFI will look to invest in existing Private Equity Funds, thus enabling the fund to hold a combination of listed and private equity investments.
Phase 3: An incubation programme to put new women fund managers on the map.
How to Apply African Women Leadership Fund Initiative 2020
Planning to submit an application for African Women Leadership Fund Initiative 2020. Follow the procedure below
Are you a female fund manager interested in receiving funds from the UNECA and Standard Bank Group African Women Leadership Fund Initiative? please indicate your interest. The application process are
The candidates must fill in the online application form on website portal(Link is given below)
If you’re a woman who meets the above eligibility criteria. do select one of the funding that best suits you. Please click on one of the (given application links below) to start the fund application process.
Need to Apply?
For Women-owned Asset Management: I am a woman who owns an investment management firm
For Women Fund Managers: I am a woman who manages an investment fund
Need More Information?
Also subscribe to our free email notification to receive mails on available interesting opportunities
Sharing is Caring, Do Share with Friends on Social Media Websites today.