Application for The Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program (TCCSP) 2020/2021 is now open for young Tunisians. As application are currently accepted for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program.
Why Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program’s as part of Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program (TCCSP) wholly sponsored program by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and supported in its implementation by IREX, provides opportunities for young Tunisian students studying at at ISETs (Institut Supérieur des Études Technologiques), IHET (Institut des Haute Études Touristiques), and ISSATs (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie). Young Tunisians who wish to improve their vocational skills by spending one academic year studying at accredited U.S. community colleges with the goal of earning a professional certificate in eligible fields of study from their U.S. institution. Participants may submit U.S. transcripts to their home institution for review upon completion of the program to determine if the credits are transferrable. Participants will attend accredited community colleges and will live in on-campus housing (dormitories) or in off-campus housing.
Scholarship Programme Deadline
TCCSP application deadline is November 18, 2019
- The college scholarship program has a value of;
- FINANCIAL PROVISIONS OF THE GRANT
- J-1 visa support;
- Round-trip travel from participant’s home city to host institution in the United States;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- Tuition and mandatory university fees;
- Room and board (housing and meals);
- Small incidentals allowance;
- Limited allowance for books;
- A wide variety of alumni networking and training opportunities.
For the 2020-2021 Academic Year the following fields of study are eligible:
- Applied Engineering
- Business Management and Administration
- Information Technology
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program in no way discriminate against applicants on any of the
basis; race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected
characteristic as established by U.S. law.
Competition for the Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program is merit-based and open
to anyone who is:
- A citizen of Tunisia;
- Currently residing in Tunisia;
- Currently enrolled as a first- or second-year full-time undergraduate (Licence) student in good academic standing at the time of application at an ISET (Institut Supérieur des Etudes Technologiques), IHET (Institut Supérieur des Etudes Touristiques), or ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie);
- Has a demonstrated record of academic excellence
- Able to receive and maintain a U.S. J-1 visa;
- Committed to returning to Tunisia after completion of the program;
- Able to achieve a TOEFL score of 500 (PBT); and
- At least 18 years old by July 1, 2020.
TCCSP is merit-based competition and conducted openly. All eligible applications will be reviewed by a panel of academic specialists.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of
- Demonstrated academic and/or technical interest in one of the identified fields of study;
- Quality of academic marks and academic standing;
- Cross-cultural interest;
- Flexibility and adaptability as an exchange student;
- Demonstrated leadership potential and commitment to community engagement;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Expressed commitment to contribute to Tunisia’s development;
- Preference will be given to students who represent disadvantaged and
- underrepresented communities.
- Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and applicants from all governorates in Tunisia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Chosen semi-finalists will be interviewed in Tunisia by a committee of U.S. Embassy representatives, USG exchange
program alumni, and/or U.S. specialists, and must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) in early 2020. All applicants will be notified of their status by spring 2020.
Steps to Apply
Applicants for the college scholarship program by Tunisia Community College are to;
Fill and answer all questions and the required contact information.
Provide two recommendation letters from two references written in English language.
And finally, submit a completed application for selection.
Need More Information
For application, Apply Here and for more details visit the Website Here