MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Makerere University entered a partnership with The MasterCard Foundation to offer The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University, Uganda from 2013 to 2023.
The education program is open for youth from Africa to study at the university. The aim of this award is to develop the next generation of African Leaders and also to promote the strategic objectives of the University and the Foundation in contributing to Africa’s higher education sector and development.
Scholarship Application Deadline
Application for MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University in Uganda is open
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at Makerere University offers comprehensive student support with $ 20,989,965.15, that include;
- Tuition and Functional fees
- Laptop, books and other learning materials
- Accommodation, beddings, and meals
- Medical insurance
- Transport to and from home
- Psychosocial and mentorship support
- Capacity building training in leadership, Communication, Entrepreneurship, Financial Literacy, Gender, and Human Rights
Why Choose and Study at Makerere University, Uganda
Makerere University is one of the oldest and most prestigious Universities. The College soon began offering various other courses in Medical Care, Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences and Teacher Training.
The University offers a wide range of study opportunities at different levels of your career. They started developing into an institution of higher education, offering post-school certificate courses.
Eligible Courses Available To Study
Scholarships are available for undergraduate course study program in Uganda.
Eligibility And Requirements
In order to be considered for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University Uganda;
Both males and females are eligible. Applicants must be;
- Academically talented, must value learning and be driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged and facing significant financial barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back to their own communities once studies are completed.
- Return to their home areas and countries and take a leadership role in promoting social and economic improvement.
- Future leaders committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
- Commitment to community service through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities
- Citizens and residents of all African countries.
- Wanting to study at undergraduate level at Makerere University
- Applying to study in the preferred fields of Agriculture, Veterinary medicine, ICT, Health Sciences, Technology and Engineering, Law and Human rights and Business and Financial Management at Makerere University.
- All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to Makerere University to be considered for the Scholarship.
How To Apply
Steps to follow and apply for these scholarships
To apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University, students are to;
- Applicants should obtain and complete the Scholarship Application Forms at no cost from Makerere University, Senate Building Level 4, Room 402, or Download the application forms from The MasterCard Foundations Scholars Program website.
- Submit completed Application Forms to the address in (1.) If submitting by email as an attachment, ensure the scanned copy of the scholarship application form is clearly legible and send to: email@example.com
Like This Or Need More Information?
Share with friends, apply or get further details Here.