The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture is delighted to announce the Tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants who are from the Niger Delta Regionn of Nigeria.
The SPDC 2020 Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship programme Scheme is to provide a one year M.Sc study opportunity in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states-indigenes from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states.
The Scholarship application ends on April 15, 2020.
Successful applicants for Scholarship will receive an award covering tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
Imperial College London
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Petroleum Geoscience
- MSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering
University of Aberdeen
- MSc Geophysics
- MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas
- MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
- MSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience
University of Leeds
Eligibility and Requirements
The following eligibility and requirement will be followed.
To be considered for a 2020 Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship, applicants must:
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
- have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement;
- have been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the College having applied through the normal application process;
- already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- must have completed their National Youth Service by September 2020
- be ordinarily indigenes in the Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and who intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study
- have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed country.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2020.
- currently reside in Nigeria
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study.
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2020
- Employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the Scholarships.
The following documents are to be provided by students when applying.
- Letters of recommendation. Candidates are to obtain letter of recommendation from the previous degree professors, Advice: (letter best gotten from a faculty or staff member at your school and should be original of recommendation letters on letterhead.)
- Profeciency of English language test score: Check the english language test score requirement for the selected university.
- Transcript. Include a copy of your current academic transcript. (Official or Unofficial copies will both be accepted.)
Attach any other documentation required by the partnership institution.
How to Apply
Follow the procedure to apply for SPDC 2020 Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship.
To apply for Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship, submit your application for admission online through any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than April 15, 2020.
Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
Application deadline: submit your application by Wednesday April 15, 2020.
Click Here to Apply, Get More Information on the Website
Like This Article? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more information on opportunities, scholarships, fund, awards, and study guides.
Also subscribe by email to receive free mail notification on updates