Do you need a college fund for your study and are you interested in studying in South Africa? Application for Postgraduate Merit Awards 2020 at the University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa is now open.
The aim of the University Postgraduate Merit Award (PMA) is to assist graduates to complete Honours, Masters or PhD degrees by research or by a combination of course work and research on both a full-time and part- time or Block release basis. Please note that a block release programme is viewed as part-time studies.
Award Application Deadline
The merit award deadline is April 30, 2020
The Postgraduate merit award has a value covering;
Tuition fees to a maximum of R51 200 will be awarded to students who qualify. This award is based purely on academic merit.
Eligibility And Criteria
- The postgraduate merit award criteria are;
- A student applying for a PhD degree will receive a Postgraduate Merit Award if he/she submits their Masters degree within two years full-time or three years part-time.
- A student applying for a Masters degree by coursework will receive a Postgraduate Merit Award if he / she receives an average mark of 70% or above for their Honours degree or Postgraduate Diploma. For a student applying for a Masters by Dissertation, an average mark of 67% is required in the Honours degree or Postgraduate Diploma. Allocations will occur in January as students will be ranked and awards will be given to the highest marks until the funds run out.
- A student applying for an Honours degree will receive a Postgraduate Merit Award if their last year of their undergraduate degree (YOS 3) or 3 year National Diploma is a minimum average mark of 65% and above. Modules completed for Non-degree purposes will not be evaluated.
- Please note: If a student has repeated a year of study, this will be taken into account.
Supporting Documentation Required
Postgraduate Merit Award Ful-Time, Part-Time & Honours to PHD 5 Year Scholarship.
- Certified copies of Academic Transcripts and Degree Certificates (applicable to applicants that did not study at The University of Witwatersrand).
- Certified Key to Grades in percentages (applicable to applicants who completed studies at an international University. This should explain marks in percentage form).
Submission of missing information for all new Wits students is 15 December prior to the academic year applied for(first intake) and 15 June for second intake. Please note that certify means that it must be certified by a Commissioner of Oaths/ Notary. The certification date should be within 3 months of the application.
NB: Please note uploading documentation to the admission application is a separate task. All applicants are to upload supporting documentation to the funding application as well. ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE CERTIFIED BY A COMMISSIONER OF OATHS.
How To Apply For This Award
- All applications for Postgraduate Merit Award and Honours to PHD 5 Year Scholarship are done online through the Student Self-Service portal.
- All supporting documentation should also be uploaded online. Hard copies or emailed copies will NOT be accepted.
Need More Information?
To apply, get further details visit Website Here
Like This Article?
Share with Friends