Application is open for PASET RSIF Scholarship 2020/2021. An African-led initiative with the goal of strengthening skills in the Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology to further socio-economic transformation in sub-Saharan Africa.
PASTE Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) 2020/2021 application is open to candidates interested and planning to pursue PhD program who are from the Sub Saharan African region.
The PASET-RSIF PhD Scholarship Program aim to train quality PhD students and post doctoral researchers at selected African (‘African Host Universities’). It is funded by contributions from the World Bank, African
governments, and the Government of Korea and facilitated by the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe) in Nairobi, Kenya.
PASTE, Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) supports training, research and innovation in five PASET Priority Thematic Areas:
- ICT including big data and artificial intelligence
- Food security and agri-business
- Minerals, mining and materials engineering
Energy including renewables and
- Climate change.
The submission deadline for PASTE Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) is June 15, 2020 at 5:00 pm (East Africa Time; UTC+3)
RSIF PhD Scholars will receive the following benefits:
- A PhD Scholarship covers university tuition and related fees, competitive stipend to cover living expenses, travel, medical insurance and research costs.
- Scholars will be supported to spend 6-24 months on ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university, research institute or private company.
- PhD scholars become part of a growing network of emerging leaders in ASET fields in SSA.
- Scholars will have access to RSIF competitive research grants upon completion of their PhD.
Degree Level: PhD (Doctorate)
Location: RSIF African Host Universities
Duration: The duration of the PhD Scholarship is 3 to 4 years, including a 6-24 month ‘sandwich’ placement at an international partner university, research institute or private company.
RSIF PhD scholarships will be awarded in September 2020.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for a RSIF PhD Scholarship, applicants must:
- Possess a relevant master’s degree in one of the fields of study. The master’s degree must have
been completed less than six years before 30 April 2020.
- Meet the specific admission requirements of the African Host University they are applying to.
- Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan Africa country, interested in receiving international-quality PhD
- Be willing to enroll full-time in a PhD program at an African Host University in the 2020-2021
academic year and apply for a scholarship to conduct PhD research in a PASET Priority Thematic Area
at one of the African Host Universities.
- Be willing to spend 6-24 months in ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university,
research institute or private company.
- Demonstrate that their research goals are well aligned to the RSIF Priority Thematic Areas and
contribute to Africa’s development.
- Priority for the scholarships will be given to women and existing young academic faculty who
do not have a PhD.
How To Apply
Applications are accepted through the online application platform(See given link below), Applications submitted by email or in hardcopy will not be accepted.
Students from Sub Saharan Africa who are interested in receiving a training as PhD student can apply. Follow the application procedure.
Like to submit an application?
Applications are accepted through the online application platform: https://www.rsif-paset.org/calls/.
The candidates must fill in the online application form on website portal (see application links is below)
Provide all personal and required information including your education details and submit by uploading any required documents in their application process
Submit completely filled scholarship application form
Need to Apply?
Click Here and Apply for PASTE RSIF Scholarship Programme English Language Version.
Click Here and Apply for PASTE RSIF Scholarship Programme French Language Version.
Also subscribe to our free email notification to receive mails on available interesting opportunities
Sharing is Caring, Do Share with Friends on Social Media Websites today.