Table of Contents
Nordic Africa Institute is inviting application for the Nordic Africa Institute Scholarship Programme 2021. The scholarship programme is a guest research scholarship for a duration of 1 month at the Nordic Africa Institute.
The Nordic Africa Institute 1 month Nordic Scholarship programme is offered to assist facilitate the use of the institute’s library collection on the contemporary Africa, and to create links to existing research at hte institute.
The application for the Nordic Africa Institute Scholarship programme closes on October 15, 2020.
Location: Upsalla, Sweden
Degree Level: Graduate(Masters, PhD, and Postgraduate studies)
Why Apply Nordic Africa Institute Scholarship Programme
Nordic Africa Institute focus of the scholarship programme is to facilitate use of the institutes’s library collections for a period of 1 month stay at the Nordic Africa Institute on contemporary Africa (books, periodicals, newspapers, and government publications), and to create links to existing research at the institute.
Each year the institute offers the scholarship programme for masters, students, PhD candidates and postdoctoral researchers pursuing Africa oriented studies/research in Social Sciences and Humanities.
The scholarship values covers travelling expenses for the least expensive fare from residential address (in Sweden, Finland and Iceland) to Uppsala and return.
All scholars are provided with a desk and computer in a shared office at the Institute and free accommodation centrally located in Uppsala.
Also the scholarship includes a subsistence allowance of SEK 300 per day and free photocopying up to a maximum of 1,000 copies.
Please note: The scholarship does not include health care insurance or other insurances.
Nordic Africa Institute Scholarship Programme 2021 Requirements
To be eligible to apply for the Nordic Africa Institute scholarship programme, applicants
Need be a citizen/national of any country in the world
Be a Master students, PhD candidates and postdoctoral researchers pursuing Africa-oriented studies/research in Social Sciences and Humanities and affiliated to universities and research centers in Sweden, Finland and Iceland.
Be an Africa-oriented journalists and writers within the discipline of Social Sciences and Humanities in Sweden, Finland and Iceland. are eligible to apply for the scholarship programme.
How To Apply For The Nordic Africa Institute Scholarship Programme 2021
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2020
Apply and fill the scholarship application form on the website.
Upload all needed documentation.
Applicants will be informed about the outcome of their application as soon as the selection process is finalized; by the end of November the latest.
- Application Form: Completely filled application form
- CV: Up-to-date CV stating list of publications if any.
- Letter of Recommendation: A signed letter of support from the applicant’s supervisor or head of department, which confirms current affiliation and field of research. (Scanned versions of signed support letters can be emailed by the applicant.
- Research project: Outline (3-5 pages)
- Objective of the research project: The research topic should be clearly identified and contextualized within its academic discipline.
- Method and time frame: Describe how the research project will be accomplished, state the research method, data gathering techniques and time frame.
- Theoretical explication: A brief indication of the theoretical basis of the research project must be included.
- The applicant should clarify what part of the research project he/she will work upon during the stay at the Nordic Africa Institute.
Need To Apply?
Application can be filled online (application form here) or
Like This Opportunity? Do let us know how helpful it is in the comment below. Share with friends on social media websites.
Also, Subscribe to our free email notification to receive more interesting updates on scholarships, programmes, opportunities, and college guides.