Table of Contents
Utrecht University is one of Europe’s leading research universities. We are recognised internationally for our high-quality, innovative approach to research and teaching.
As an international student, you’ll be in good company at Utrecht University. Every year, approximately 1,500 international students come to the university to take English-taught degree programmes and other courses.
- Tuition fees
- Tuition fees + 11.000 euro living expenses
The scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
- Student have applied for an international master programme with a start in September.
- Students must come from a non-EU/EEA country.
- Student must hold a Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands.(Not all programme participate, kindly check master programmes tuition fee support
- Students must belong to top 10% of their graduating class.
- Students must have academic excellence in the proposed field of study.
- Scholarships only available for new students. Current students are not eligible to apply.
- Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation;
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s programme (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Scholarship Application Procedure
- Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class: an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
- Submit an application for a Master’s programme; if you do not do this first, your UES application will simply be deleted.
- After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, you can go to Osiris Online Application.
- Login with your Osiris username and password.
- Click on the link ‘New application’.
- Answer the UES questions and upload the requested document(s).
- Submit your application.
- As the scholarship deadline is February 1, you will not be informed whether you have been awarded the scholarship prior to this date and not before you have been (un)conditionally admitted to the programme.