Leap Africa Social Innovators Programme (SIPA) 2020 awards application is now open. The Social Innovators Programme supports youth between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme (SIP) is a youth-focused leadership development programme with a mission to inspire, empower and equip a new cadre of leaders with skills and tools for personal, organization and community transformation. Selected Fellows get a chance to join IYF’s global YouthActionNet®community of over 1,100 young social innovators being supported by 21 national and regional institutes like the Social Innovators Programme (SIP) in 21 countries, across 5 continents.
About Leap Africa
LEAP Africa is a youth-focused leadership development nonprofit organization with a mission to inspire, empower and equip a new cadre of leaders with skills and tools for personal, organization and community transformation. The Social Innovators Programme is managed by LEAP Africa, with partnership support from the International Youth FoundationYouthActionNet® programme.
The application for the Leap Africa Social Innovators Programme closes August 22, 2020: 12 pm
LEAP will support successful applicants scale their social enterprise through:
- Provision of local and international opportunities: we support fellows with opportunities to get access to grants, trainings, workshops, organized by our partners both locally and internationally. Fellows have been able to access grants from international grant-giving organizations through their participation in the SIPA.
- Publicity for Fellows: During the course of the fellowship year, LEAP leverages its various online media platforms to showcase the innovative work done by fellows to the online community.
- Creating local partnerships for Fellows: LEAP provides the opportunity and recommendations for fellows to partner with organizations who will support with project implementation and support services.
Degree Level: Fellowship and Training
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria
An ideal SIP fellow should be:
- Youth between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused project/venture/enterprise/ Foundation,
located in Nigeria.
- Applicants who have been involved in operating their project/enterprise beyond 12 months prior to the commencement of the Fellowship.
In our review of applications, we will be looking for the following:
- Level of creativity/innovation applied in their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals.
- Motivation for application: Applicants must give compelling reasons why they would like to participate in the fellowship programme and also show a strong desire to increase the impact of their change initiative.
- Demonstrate a passion for social change and active participation in community building.
Shortlisted applicant will be required to provide the following to make the final list:
- Valid Government issued identification.
- Evidence (photographs, videos, fliers, publications etc.) of past project implemented by the organization.
How to Apply for Leap Africa Social Innovators Programme
Application Deadline: 22nd August, 2020 12pm
All applicants must fill the application form and
submit via the link provided below
Need to Apply?
Click Here to Apply for Leap Africa Social Innovators Programme and awards 202/2021
Need More Information?
Get further details, visit the official website of the Leap Africa
Like This Opportunities? Do well to let us know how helpful it is to you, share with friends on social media websites
Follow us on Facbook page and Twitter
Also, Subscribe to our free email notification to receive update mails on interesting available opportunities, scholarships, programs