Table of Contents
Are you a students in exceptional circumstances struggling with the costs of living and accessing technologies required to study online. COVID-19 Financial Assistance for students is offered by La Trobe Universiy.
La Trobe University is issuing the COVID-19 Financial Assistance Program to undergraduates, postgraduate students, and Graduate researchers with exceptional circumstances struggling with the costs of living and accessing technologies required to study online. Two type of sources of support will be provide, students may apply for both funding.
La Trobe University COVID-19 Financial Assistance Program closes by April 26, 2020
The scholarahip assistance is will be two sources of support.
Two sources of support are available:
- Technology Bursary* – Provision of a laptop and/or $150 to support students who do not have access to computers or internet at home
- Crisis Support Bursary – One off, $3000 payment for individual students experiencing significant financial crisis and housing insecurity.
Students may apply for both bursaries.
Note: Due to low levels of internet access 50% of technology bursaries are reserved for students enrolled in regional campuses.
Degree Level: Bachelor, Postgraduate (Undergraduate)
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be undergraduate, postgraduate, research by Higher Degree and onshore international students
- Be a current student enrolled in a La Trobe University award program
- Be in financial crisis because of COVID-19
Apply Also for:
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- demonstration of financial hardship
- demonstration of equity circumstances (Indigenous student, medical or mental health condition or disability, former or current refugee, care leaver with experience in foster/residential/out of home/kinship care, LGBTIQ, located in a rural or remote area, etc)
- personal statement addressing the criteria as outlined on the application form
written personal statement addressing the criteria as outlined on the application form
How to Apply
Interested in the scholarship, submit application online on the website (find link below)
Fill all details and provide necessary information on the scholarship website
Need to Apply?