Application is open for 2020/2021 Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange Study Program FY. The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Program FY 2020-2021 is a high school exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
The American Center at the U.S. Embassy Dhaka is pleased to announce the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (K-L YES) Program for academic year 2020-21. The program enables exemplary Bangladeshi high school students from grades eight through eleven to spend one academic year at an American high school. Its purpose is to provide promising high school students with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills
Need to apply for Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Program 2020? application is currently open and the deadline is Sunday, November 23, 2019
Study Program Values
The values of the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange Study Program FY 2020-2021 covers;
- Round-trip airfare from your home country to the United States.
- The cost of a Pre-Departure Orientation.
- Placement with a U.S. host family for 10 to 11 months.
- A modest monthly stipend.
- Health insurance.
- The cost of program activities and materials
How To Organize Your College Search
Eligibility And Requirements
To be eligible for the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study K-L YES program, interested candidates must:
- Be Bangladesh citizens and not dual citizens or permanent residents of the U.S., or any other country;
- Be between 15 and 17 years of age on August 01, 2020; have a date of birth between August 1, 2003 and August 1, 2005
- Be currently enrolled in grade 8-11 in any high school and/or college in Bangladesh.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English at a level sufficient to engage in high school-level courses;
- Have a B grade point average or better, without any failing grades in the present year, and past two years;
- Be able to meet U.S. J1 visa eligibility requirements;
- Have not applied for U.S. Immigration through family and/or relatives;
- Have not remained in the U.S. for more than 90 days in total .
- Not have either of the parents working in the U.S. Mission (U.S. Embassy, USAID) in Bangladesh.
Candidates are also expected to:
- Be able to accurately present Bangladeshi culture in American schools and communities;
- Be committed to returning to Bangladesh upon completion of the program;
- Have demonstrated leadership skills;
- Have had little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- Be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and
- educational travel for one academic year;
- Be prepared to adapt to American high school life and to live with an American host family;
- Be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful and inquisitive;
- Be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel program; and, be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
- Selected applicants must meet all U.S. visa eligibility requirements, and selected applicants’ health records will also be reviewed by a medical team in the U.S.
How To Apply For Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange Study Program FY 2020-2021
You are strongly recommended to check the eligibility and requirements before applying .
- Apply for the 2020 Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange Study Program online and the interested students can apply at the iEARN-BD website.
- The deadline for submission of completed applications to iEARN-BD website is Sunday, November 23, 2019.
Like This Or Need More Information?
Share this with friends, Apply Or Get Further Details HERE.