Jakes Gerwel Fellowship provide opportunity to identify high potential grade 12, and first year and final year university students to solve some of the most pressing educational challenges including graduates.
The Jakes Gerwel Fellowship is a full higher institution scholarships that provides extensive mentoring and leadership development for top talented individuals with a passion for teaching, education and see the classroom as a powerful channel to do so. Jakes Gerwel Fellowship is named after Professor Jakes Gerwel to honor the high impact legacy contribution he made as teacher, educational leader and as President Mandela’s closest confidants.
About Jakes Gerwel Fellowship
Established in 2017, Jakes Gerwel Fellowship is a fully-funded scholarship by Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Endowment. The Jakes Gerwel Fellowship is proud to have partnered with various funding organizations working with universities, sites of teacher education and related projects.
These partners share an interest by embracing innovation and lead change in providing further opportunities to South African stuents who show potential as teacher and educators.
The application deadline for the Jakes Gerwel Fellowship closes by July 20, 2020.
Degree Level: There are three entry stage into the Jakes Gerwel Fellowship. Individuals who are Grade 12 or Gap year, 1st year in University of Pretoria or University of Capetown or 3rd Year university students/graduate
Location: South Africa
The Jakes Gerwel Fellowship has a value covering the following areas
- Full university tuition
- Monthly Stipend and meals
- Tutor allowance and books
- Academic support leadership development
- Expert teacher mentor personal coaching
Requirements and Elgibility Criteria
Applicants applying for the Jakes Gerwel Fellowship must be
Grade 12 Student Criteria
- Pupil who has the potential to be an expert teacher or future education leader.
- Gifted students who want to play a strong role in developing South Africa and see the classroom as a powerful channel to do so.
- Students must demonstrate a Learning Obsession, Passionate Perseverance, Entrepreneurial Energy, Courageous Collaboration and a Spirit of Significance.
- Intention to study an Undergraduate Degree at UCT or UP followed by a PGCE
- Minimum of a 65% average for final Grade 11 results (excluding Life Orientation)
- Applicants must be under the age of 23 at the application deadline (20th July 2020)
Undergraduate and Graduate Level Criteria
- Qualifying students must be a first year students in University of Capetown or University of Pretoria
- Be a third year student or graduate who demonstrate potential to be an expert teacher or future education leader.
- Applicants will serve as high school teacher through a PGCE and then enter a two years induction phase in partner high schools.
How to Apply Jakes Gerwel Fellowship
Know a student or individual who demonstrate and excellence performance to be a Jakes Gerwel Fellow?
Nominat a student or Apply as student
Need to Apply?
Application deadline: closes by July 20, 2020.
Grade 12 Pupill Apply Here
Undergraduate First Year Student Click Here to Apply
Third Year Students and Graduates Apply Here
Need More Information?
Get More details on the Jakes Gerwel Fellowship programme 2020
Also subscribe to our free email notification to receive mails on available interesting opportunities
Sharing is Caring, Do Share with Friends on Social Media Websites today.