Application for The Master of Transportation Science Scholarship Programme 2020 to study at Hasselt university is now open for International Masters Scholarship Programme (ICP) to students who seek for Master’s degree.
The International master programmes (ICPs) Master of Transportation Sciences “Road Safety in Low & Middle Income Countries” Each year offers twelve scholarships to students and a 2-year multidisciplinary master programme study majorly focused and engage in Road Safety in Countries that are developing, programme is supported by VLIR UOS.
Why Hasselt University Master of Transportation Science Programme
Hasselt university Master of Transportation Science is multi-disciplinary and specialises on transportation and traffic safety. A leading university with recognised and renowned professors from transportation research institute and universities. The university has Low tuition fees for international students and those from Belgian, and EU. Hasselt offers high quality international master programme of 2-years or 120 ECTS, which are fully accredited.
Students taking master program are trained to identify transportation and road safety issues in order to create innovative solutions by using an integrative approach based on three pillars: the individual (dealing with the human behaviour in traffic and how to influence it e.g. intentional and unintentional riskful behaviour such as drunk driving or cognitive impairments), the environment (e.g. creating self-explaining roads and infrastructure that minimizes crash impact) and the society (e.g. societal norms and translation into policy and enforcement measures). Road safety in this programme is approached as a cross-border field, incorporating elements of psychology, economy, urban planning, environmental studies, engineering and more.
Scholarship Application Deadline
The application deadline is February 1, 2020.
The Master of Transportation Science Scholarship Programme Road Safety in Low & Middle Income Countries has a value of;
- Monthly allowance: € 1150/month (for cost of meals, transport, personal expenses and accommodation)
- 1- time payment for indirect travel costs: € 150
- 1- time payment for logistical allowance: € 850
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
Eligibility and Requirement
You can only apply for the scholarship if you meet the following requirements:
A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the 31 eligible countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of the application.
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
- Candidates maximum age is 35 years for a master programme (an initial master) and 40 years for an advanced master. Not exceeding this age on the first of January2019.
- Candidates with professional background and experience who are employed in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, the social economy or NGOs, or who aim at a career in one of these sectors are given priority. However, master candidates employed in the profit sector or newly graduated candidates without any work experience can be eligible for the scholarship as well, depending on their motivation and profile.
- Candidates working in a university where we already fund IUC, TEAM or SI projects, can receive an ITP-ICP scholarship if they clearly motivate the reason of their application and clarify why the participation at the ICP programme cannot be funded as part of the existing IUC, Team or SI programme or project funds.
- Candidates for Master programme has never received a scholarship from the Belgian government to attend a master programme or equivalent or was never enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution to attend a master programme or equivalent before the first of January 2019.
How to Apply for Scholarship
Steps to Apply
- If you meet all the criteria, have a look at the 15 available selected master programmes.
- If a specific programme catches your interest, visit the website of the organising university and follow its instructions.
- Via the university’s website, you will have to apply for both admission to the programme as well as for the scholarship itself. When you apply for the programme, be sure to mention whether you wish to apply for a scholarship.
Like This or Need More Information?
Share with Friends and For more details visit the official Website Here.