Funding are provided to students for a one year study will be provided for study at bachelor, masters or PhD level.
The aim of the 2020 (GOI-IES) Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarship scheme is to reflect Ireland’s engagement in target partner countries. The scheme is operated in the higher education sector and funded in partnership between the Government and the higher education institutions (HEIs). Scholarships will be branded as prestigious awards reflecting the core messages about Ireland as a centre of international education. It is expected that for every scholarship winner, awareness of Ireland will be raised among many more potential students.
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) is pleased to issue the 2020 Call under the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme. Under the initiative 60 scholarships will be provided for one year study at Bachelor, Master or PhD levels to successful candidates who have an offer of a place at an eligible Irish higher education institution.
The offer is open to students from non-EU/EEA countries and is applicable to all fields of study.
Scholarship Application Deadline
The application for the scholarship closes on Friday March 27, 2020 5PM
The value of the scholarship is
- A €10,000 stipend will be given to students who are successful for one year’s study.
- A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution.
Location of Study: Scholarship are awarded for a study in Ireland.
Course Programme of Study: Students will be offered scholarship for one year studying Bachelor, Master, PhD degree.
Eligibility and Requirements
Applicants who are interested in the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships GOI-IES 2020 application must meet the eligibility and requirements below.
- Applicants must have a domiciliary of origin1 not equal to the EU/EEA or Switzerland.
- Possess excellence (academically, personally, professionally, creatively);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Extra curriculum activities (for example: humanitarian work; politicslocal, national, international; arts; sports);
- Possess strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES fits into their longer-term goals.
The applications must cover the following documents:
- Academic qualifications, achievements and/or work experience.
- Personal Statement (refer to the Candidate profile).
- Two references uploaded via the online application portal (please note
that the HEA is not able to accept references submitted via email or other sources outside of the online application portal).
How to Apply for Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships GOI-IES 2020
The deadline for the submission of applications is (Irish Time) 5pm March, 27 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
Applications can be submitted via the online portal here.
Need to Apply or Get More Information?
LIKE THIS SCHOLARSHIP?
Share With Friends on Social Media