Table of Contents
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program also called (Global UGRAD) 2020/2021 at the U.S provides scholarships to undergraduate student to study in the United State.
Application is now open for Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) 2020/2021 a one semester of non-degree academic study at a U.S. college or university. The Global UGRAD program is sponsored by the U.S Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, and aims to recruit participants from underrepresented, non-elite backgrounds, who have not had other opportunities to study in the United States.
Scholarship Application Deadline
Applications for the 2020/2021 Global UGRAD Program will close on December 31, 2019, 5:00pm EST.
Why Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD)
Global UGRAD is administered by World Learning on behalf of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The Global UGRAD program promotes mutual understanding between people of the United States and other countries.
The Global UGRAD students who are Participants leave the U.S. with the tools to become leaders in their professions and communities. Global UGRAD alumni go on to receive Fulbright grants, obtain prestigious international internships, and work in business and government in their home countries and regions.
The Global UGRAD program has a value covering:
- Provide a fulfilling exchange experience to drive academic, cross-cultural, and leadership competencies for students from Global UGRAD countries.
- Enhance students’ academic knowledge and professional skills needed to pursue long-term academic and career goals.
- Cultivate students’ comprehensive and nuanced understanding of the U.S.
- Facilitate opportunities for students to establish social networks with U.S. host institutions and local communities.
- Empower students to engage constructively in the civic life of their local and global communities.
Eligibility And Requirements
The Global UGRAD Program has the following eligibility requirements for student:
- Applicants must be a citizen of the country in which they apply for the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants must be studying in the country in which they apply for the Global UGRAD Program.
- Scholarships will be granted to students who currently are enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs only, having completed a minimum of their first semester of study. Participants must have at least one semester or an equivalent term to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must achieve a minimum TOEFL score of 45ibt.
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the U.S. or outside of their home countries.
- Applicants are required to return directly to their home country after the completion of the program.
- Applicants are over 18 years of age.
A full and complete Global UGRAD student application package includes the following documents:
- Completed online application form
- Copy of passport bio page
- Academic transcripts for years of university study (with English translations)
- Two letters of reference (with English translations), and
- Grade equivalence between local grading system and U.S. grading system.
How To Apply
The application for Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) is online
Like This or Need More Information?
Share this, apply or get more details on the Website Here.