Swansea University is pleased to offer up to sixteen fully funded scholarships for full time doctoral study on a Swansea University single award degree, commencing in October 2019, supported by its flagship Swansea University Research Excellence Scholarships Scheme (SURES).
Seven academic Colleges/Schools are participating in the scheme through 33 individual projects.
Swansea University Research Excellence Scholarships include fees at Home/EU rate and a maintenance stipend at UKRI rates, each for a maximum period of three years. In addition, the sum of up to £1,000 per annum is available to support immersive training experiences, engagement with industry, international collaborative opportunities and cohort building.
The award of a scholarship is conditional upon the recipient achieving either a first class honours degree and/or a distinction at Masters’ level.
All applications must include a structured research proposal for the chosen project. Applications submitted without a research proposal will not be considered.
Swansea University’s PGR Scholarships Sub-Committee will be responsible for appointing students to Swansea University Research Excellence Scholarships(SURES).
Scholarship Course Level
Scholarship are fully provided for doctorate study.
Scholarship Field of Study
The Swansea University Research Excellence Scholarships is provided for research in 33 projects in the following schools;
- College of Arts and Humanities (See list of project topics)
- College of Engineering (including School of Sport and Exercise Sciences) See list of projects
- College of Human and Health Sciences (See list of projects)
- College of Science (See associated project list)
- Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law (View projects listed)
- School of Management (See list of available projects topics)
- Swansea University Medical School (See list of available project topics)
Each scholarship covers
the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees, plus an annual stipend at the UKRI rate (to be confirmed for 2019/20) for three years.
The current 2018/19 stipend is £14,777 per annum.
There will also be up to £1,000 per annum available to support immersive training experiences, engagement with industry, international collaborative opportunities and cohort building.
Nationality Scholarship Targeted
Scholarship is awarded to students from UK/EU Countries only.
Research Excellence Scholarship is awarded for a study in Swansea.
Scholarship Application Deadline
The fully funded Swansea University Research Excellence Scholarships application deadline is Friday January 4, 2019.
- Applicants should have (or expect to obtain) a first class honours degree (or equivalent) and/or distinction at Master’s.
- Applicants, who are yet to complete their qualification, should attach transcripts to evidence their progress towards achieving either a first class honours degree or a distinction at Master’s.
- Applicants who hold degrees from a non UK University should attach academic transcripts and certificates.
- Where applicants have multiple standalone Master’s Degrees, a distinction must be achieved in that most relevant to their intended doctoral degree.
Due to funding restrictions, the scholarships are available to UK/EU students only. Applicants liable for overseas fees are not eligible to apply.
Scholarship Application Procedure
How to Apply
To apply please complete and return the following documents to Dr Vivienne Jenkins (email@example.com) using the scholarship code (e.g. SURESCOS01, SURESENG02):
- College/School PGR Scholarship application
- Academic transcripts
- Research proposal
All applications must be accompanied by a structured research proposal, to include the following sections:
- Project Title
- Aims and Objectives
- Literature Review
- Research Methodology
- Expected Outcomes
Research proposals should be a maximum of 2,000 words, in addition to a bibliography.
Applicants should be aware, College/School shortlisting panels are expected to sit between 21 January and 8 February 2019. Shortlisting panels may contact candidates within this period. Interview panels are expected to sit in the week commencing 4 March 2019.
Note:Applicants should be aware, College/School shortlisting panels are expected to sit between 21 January and 8 February 2019. Shortlisting panels may contact candidates within this period. Interview panels are expected to sit in the week commencing 4 March 2019
Swansea University Research Excellence Scholarships Link is