At UM, our new Freshmen Merit Scholarship program offers more funding for students with a strong academic record and a desire to excel.
How to apply Freshman Scholarship
|University of Michigan|
Scholarship Applications Deadline
Field of Study
- Candidates need to be first-time freshmen coming from high school,
- Freshmen Merit Scholarships are awarded automatically based on your cumulative high school grade point averages as well as ACT and/or SAT test scores at application.
- The minimum requirements include a 3.25 high school grade point average with a 24 ACT/1160 SAT score. If your grade point average and/or test scores increase to a qualify you for a larger award, you will receive notification that your award has been increased.
- Students who receive scholarships must maintain a minimum grade point average and credit hours at UM-Flint to have their awards renewed.
How to Apply
- To apply scholarships, be an international students.
- Freshmen Merit Scholarships simplify the process of applying for and receiving awards, with:
- No separate scholarship application form to fill out—first-time freshmen are automatically considered for Freshmen Merit Scholarships when they apply to UM-Flint.
- Immediate eligibility to receive scholarship funds for up to four years, for qualifying incoming freshmen who meet the minimum guidelines.
- Instant information on which scholarship amount you qualify for—no waiting for an answer.
- Annual award amounts ranging from $3,000 to $7,000, with a limited number of full in-state tuition/fees scholarships available.