French Institute of South Africa is calling for writers-Innovative Storytelling. IFAS is looking for an original idea for a story/scenario to be developed in order to create a WhatsApp Book.
The French Institute of South Africa (IFAS) Call for Writers Innovative Storytelling by will bring successful applicants to see their project developed by a team of creatives under the mentoring of french multimedia production experts. The successful applicant will receive a compensation fee as well as a fee for the story copyright.
About French Institute of South Africa (IFAS)
The French Institute of South Africa (IFAS) is the cultural agency of the Embassy of France in South Africa, one of 96 French institutes in the world. It comprises three departments, operating in the cultural, audio-visual and research sectors.
IFAS notably organizes and supports artistic events at different venues and festivals throughout the country, thanks to strong local partnerships. IFAS is a platform for cooperation, which encourages cultural diversity and exchanges between South Africa, France and the rest of the African continent. From performing arts to visual arts, from digital to literature, all aspects of culture are covered.
The application for the French Institute of South Africa Innovative Storytelling ends September 1, 2020.
- Selected story project will be developed in collaboration with other artists of various fields (visual art, film, sound, theatre, digital art) during a creative residency that will take place in October 2020.
- Successful applicant will see their project developed by a team of creatives under the mentoring of french multimedia production experts.
- Successful applicant will receive a compensation fee as well as a fee for the story copyright.
Location: South Africa
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Innovative Storytelling,
- have their work published at least once (book, newspaper, blog, TV series or film)
- be English-speaking,
- be South-African citizens or permanent residents
- be willing to work with digital mediums.
- open to collaboration and mentorship
- be available to develop the project during the month of October 2020.
All Prospective writers must submit:
- a maximum one-page letter of motivation,
- a CV
- a script sample in English of no more than a combined 5 pages, preferably demonstrating an ability to write for teenagers in the action, comedy or romantic comedy genre.
- certificate of authenticity (click here to download the form)
How to Apply French Institute of South Africa (IFAS) Innovative Storytelling
Interested in submitting an application to the French Institute of South Africa (IFAS) Innovative Storytelling. All applicants are to submit applications online.
Need to Apply?
Send all the documents to email@example.com with “Innovative Storytelling” as subject.
Need More Information?
Get further details, visit the official French Institute of South Africa Innovative Storytelling.
Like This Article? Do well to let us know how helpful it is to you, Do share with Friends on Social Media Websites
Also, Subscribe to our free mail notifications for more interesting updates, scholarships, funds, study programs and guides.