The SARChI Chair in Higher Education and Human Development Research Programme is offering a limited number of Doctoral and Fellowships Scholarships for South African and international students/fellows.
SARChI is inviting applications from qualified, motivated and talented candidates. An open call for Doctoral Scholarships in Higher Education and Human Development by The SARChI Chair in Higher Education and Human Development Research Programme (HEHD) at the University of the Free State.
The Doctoral Scholarships in Higher Education and Human Development Research Programme is awarde for a doctoral degree program.
Scholarship Application Deadline
The Doctoral Scholarships in Higher Education and Human Development application is currently open.
Value of the doctoral fellowship scholarship is
R180 000 annual fellowship (Note that registration fees are deducted annually), which includes R 30,000 for research expenses.
Why Doctoral Scholarships in Higher Education and Human Development Research Programme?
In Higher Education and Human Development (HEHD) we conduct theoretical and empirical research into human development applied to the challenges of social justice in higher education and development, in collaboration with international partners. Under the leadership of Professor Melanie Walker, SARChI Chair in Higher Education and Human Development, HEHD undertakes a suite of mixed methods research projects and graduate research.
Ideally, Doctoral Research Fellows will have an interest and expertise at Masters or Honours level in education and development, development studies, higher education studies or a related discipline such as development studies, philosophy, politics, and sociology. The scholarship is available for three-years, subject to satisfactory performance for the title registration of the fellow’s doctoral study.
Applicants will undertake a doctorate program at South Africa Free State.
Eligibility And Requirements
- The Fellowship is open to all South African and foreign nationals for full-time research at the University of the Free State.
- Prospective fellows need to meet the following criteria:
- Graduated with a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline within the last five years and a minimum average grade of 70%.
- Successful applicants may not hold full-time salaried employment during the fellowship.
- Successful applicants must be able to relocate to the UFS for the duration of the fellowship.
- Applicants may also need to provide a SAQA verification certificate.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Conduct doctoral research on human development and higher education.
- Register and reside as a full-time doctoral research fellow at the UFS and participate in relevant HEHD activities and the School of Postgraduate Studies
The following documents are required for your application
- A motivation letter
- A 6-10 page outline of your proposed doctoral research including aim, research questions, a preliminary literature review, and methods.
- A CV including any research publications, conference papers and grants
- Transcripts of academic record and copy of Master’s degree certificate
- Copy of ID document (or copy of passport in the case of foreign applicants)
- Contact details of two academic referees who have taught/supervised the candidate.
How To Apply
Follow the steps for application to Sheffield Business School PhD scholarships
Any applicant can apply for the Doctoral scholarships. However you would need to meet the doctoral programme application requirements (see eligibility and requirements). To apply for doctoral awards:
Please email the required documentation to Prof Melanie Walker- Email: email@example.com
Please include “Doctoral Scholarship HEHD” in your subject line.
Need More Information?