Students will receive funding, as the Department of Geography Royal Holloway University of London invites application for PhD studentships.
Application is now open for Department of Geography PhD Studentship at Royal Holloway University of London. The department is pleased to invite application for Doctorate studentship at the university. Students with interest are to begin application process.
Scholarship Application Deadline
The application deadline for the Department of Geography Royal Holloway University PhD studentship closes May 8, 2020 12PM.
The funding is valued for an offer of:
- an annual maintenance stipend of £17,285;
- a fee waiver for UK/EU applicants;
- £750 annually for research expenses.
Eligibility and Requirements
All applicants interested in the studentship application are to meet the entry requirements below:
- Applicants are ordinarily expected to hold a UK 1st- or upper 2nd-class undergraduate degree (or a recognised international equivalent)
- Hold relevant Master’s degree (at Pass level or higher) together with undergraduate degree.
- Hold a professional experience, particularly in the case of applicants wishing to pursue a practice-based PhD, will be considered in the absence of a Master’s degree.
- Must be from the UK/EU. Overseas applicants (where they have industry or overseas government sponsorship for their full stipend) are instead invited to discuss the possibility of applying for an Overseas Excellence Fee Studentship (please email Dr Innes M. Keighren, PGR Lead).
The following documents are to be provided by the applicants
- An online application via Royal Holloway Direct
- A Curriculum Vitae;
- Copies of all degree transcripts and/or certificates;
- A final research proposal.
- Letter of recommendation(Applicants should nominate at least one referee and provide by submission of the referee’s letter of recommendation)
How to Apply for Department of Geography Royal Holloway University of London PhD Studentships
Please Note: All application (including the submission of the referee’s letter of recommendation) should be complete and submitted by the application deadline May 8, 2020: 12 noon.
Application Procedure for the PhD studentship
Follow the steps for a complete application
Step 1: All applicants are invited to contact a relevant member of staff to discuss their project and supervisory possibilities.
Upon agreement by a member of staff to supervise a project on the basis of an interview or other formal discussion. The applicant should (with the supervisor’s guidance) prepare a formal research proposal. Guidance on this process is available from Dr Innes M. Keighren, PGR Lead.
Step 2: Having agreed a supervisor and finalised their research proposal, students should then submit an online application, via Royal Holloway Direct, to join the PhD programme.
Step 3: The applications submitted will be given consideration by a departmental committee, taking into account the quality of the candidate and the quality and feasibility of the project proposal. Applicants will be contacted of the outcome of their application by May 29, 2020.
Need to Apply or Get More Information?
Click Here to Apply or Get Further Information on the Website
LIKE THIS SCHOLARSHIP?
Share With Friends on Social Media