A one year leadership program with a unique experience for new young leaders at University of Virgina. Dalai Lama Fellowship 2020 is a program for emerging young leaders.
The Dalai Lama Fellowship supports next generation young leaders, cultivates and assist a global movement of new leaders applying universal values to solve global challenges.
Fellowship Application Deadline
The Fellow program application closes on January 5, 2020
The Dalai Lama Fellowship 2020 program has a value covering:
Coaching of fellowship program applicants and a global community to successful candidates.
Eligibility And Requirements
The Dalai Lama Fellow program has the following eligibility requirements for young leaders who demostrate the following through the application:
- Be a next generation leader who is between 20-35 years old,
- Fluency in written and spoken English,
- Experience or interest in learning and practicing contemplative practices throughout the year,
- Current engagement (or well-articulated plans) for a social change project in one’s local community and sustained engagement throughout the fellowship year,
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the project is seeking to address, preferably with at least one year of previous experience working with the community,
- Commitment to participate in our online learning platform, coaching calls, etc.
- Attendance at the Contemplative Leadership Assembly in mid-June 2020 (Dalai Lama Fellows will cover all travel, lodging, and meals for the assembly)
- Candidates must be between 20-35 years old on Jan. 5, 2020. This is a firm age range, and due to the high volume of applications and the fellowship’s focus on next generation leaders, we are currently unable to make exceptions.
How To Apply
The application for Dalai Lama Fellows consists of six major parts:
- Applicant Background and Overview
- Essay Questions
- Your Resume/CV
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Application Video
Like This or Need More Information?
Share this, get more details or apply on the Website Here.