DAAD climapAfrica calls for PostDoc Fellowship 2020 for Africans in climate research. The DAAD climpapAfrica PostDoc Fellowship program funds postdoctoral research projects and offers a platform for collaboration in thematic working groups composed of postdoctoral fellows and African alumni of German funding initiatives with expertise in the field of climate research.
Application for 2020 DAAD climapAfrica PostDoc Fellowship closes on September, 24, 2020.
About DAAD ClimapAfrica
The DAAD climapAfrica program in cooperation with the climate competence centers SASSCAL and WASCAL focus to foster application-oriented research results to tackle climate change in southern and western Africa by enhancing knowledge between the postdoc fellows and alumni of German funding initiative.
Fellows and Alumni will increase their research impact and output through a comprehensive training and support program, including general skills training, science policy advising and science management.
Degree Level: Post doctorate (Research)
Duration: The fellowship awards are tenable for a period of 12 to 24 months. This fellowship period begins in February 2021. Please take this date as your starting date for your application.
The basic fellowship consists of:
- A flat-rate travel allowance to your target country and back
- A research lump sum of max. EUR 10,000
- A monthly allowance of EUR 800
- An accident, personal liability and health insurance
Additionally, support for the following activities can be granted (subject to availability of funds):
- Short-term research stays in Germany (2 to 6 months)
- Mobility fellowships for the active participation (poster or talk) in relevant international conferences in the field of climate change/ climate Research.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
Applicants for the DAAD climapAfrica postdoc fellowship must be
- Citizen/nationals of an African Country.
- Willing to contribute to the initiation and the coordination of alumni working groups.
- Willing to realize their project at a host institution in western or southern Africa.
Applications will be reviewed by an independent selection committee consisting of experts in the relevant fields.
The performance-based assessment will consider:
- The evaluation of the proposal. Particular emphasis will be placed on the quality of the research plan. It should detail the preliminary work undertaken and the relevance of the topic for research and explain why the chosen institutions are especially suitable for the realization of the planned project. The strategy for the investigation of the scientific problem should be readily understandable and the choice of methods and work equipment be adequately established. The achievements of the applicant to date (scientific and other qualifications, and particular conditions which have influenced the academic progress)
- The quality of the proposed project and its consistency with further scientific qualification and long-term career planning.
- The relevance of the research topic for the understanding of climate change, its impacts in Africa and for the development of countermeasures.
- The fit of the facilities and the support offered by the host institution and the requirements of the research project.
- The coherence of the applicant’s ideas to start an alumni working group and to accompany it’s activities.
How to Apply
Application for the DAAD climapAfrica program is online, interested applicants are to apply( below given link)
Closing date: September 14, 2020
Need to Apply?
Need More Information?
Like This Opportunity? Let us know how helpful it is to you, Share with friends on social media website.
Also, subscribe to our free mail notification to receive interesting updates on opportunities, grants, programs and study guides.