Call for Scholarship Application 2020, DAAD/CERAAS Masters and PhD scholarships is now open for students from Sub-Saharan Africa who want to pursue Masters or PhD courses and are with a first academic honors degree or master’s degree.
Students from Sub-Saharan African countries will receive support by the DAAD/CERAAS Incountry/Inregion PhD and Masters scholarship programme for their master and PhD studies, graduates who are nationality of any Sub-Saharan Africa will be sponosored on selection.
The funded Master and Doctorate Scholarships and grants 2020 from DAAD and CERAAS Centre d’Études Régional pour l’Amélioration de l’Adaptation à la Sécheresse are to be issue for 2021 intake year.
if planning to undertake your advance degree programme, DAAD/CERAAS Scholarship program is inviting application for the DAAD Germany and CERAAS Masters and PhD Scholarhips for the year 2020.
The application deadline for the DAAD/CERAAS scholarship for master and doctorate study is June 2, 2020.
Successful student of University of Baths Global Leaders Scholarship will be offered scholarship with value that covers:
- Tuition fees annually (Master & PhD)
- Study and research allowance-annually (Master & PhD)
- Printing allowance once at the end (Master & PhD)
Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation, Food etc.) (Master & PhD)
Travel allowance (In-Region scholarship only) to be provided twice (at beginning/end of scholarship)
- Health insurance (In-Region scholarship only) provided annually.
Degree Level: Master and Doctorate Degree
Courses: The DAAD/CERAAS In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme supports studies in subject areas with strong relevance to national development.
The scholarships grants support the following fields:
- Master Plant and Microbial Technology
- Master Agroforestry, Ecology and Adaptation
- Master Phytopharmacy and Plant Protection
- PhD Ecole Doctorale – Sciences de la Vie, de la Santé et de l’Environnement (ED-SEV).
Duration of Programme: The master and doctorate scholarship has duration;
- Upto three years for PhD programme
- Upto two years for master programme
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
The Master and Doctorate scholarship sponsored by DAAD and CERAAS is open to applications from UK and international students from around the world. applicants must:
- Be a national or permanent resident of any country in Sub-Saharan Africa
- have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper division)
- Clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- Have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction.
- Have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Should generally be
A. a staff member of a public university,
B. candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment,
C. from the public
D. Alumni of the DAFI programme
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
- Scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended to a maximum of the regular period of study upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted.
Interested in the DAAD/CERAAS Master and PhD scholarship programme and planning to enroll for graduate course study. Applicants are required to submit the following documents;
Documents to be submitted in English:
- Recommendation letter by university teachers (Master 1, PhD 2)
- Letter of admission for the host university
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
- Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Copy of the passport
- DAAD application form duly filled in (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.Europa.eu, including a list of publications (if applicable).
- if applicable, information on the UNHCR registration as refugee
PhD candidates have to submit the following additional documents:
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal, including detailed work and time table (if
applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of proposal
How to Apply
Planning to submit scholarship application for Global leaders scholarship 2020 at University of Bath? Follow the procedure below
Like to submit an application? please indicate your interest. The application process contains two steps. Please be aware of the two application deadlines.
Register and enroll for master or doctorate degree programme.
Applicants must apply for their studies at Centre d’Études Régional pour L’Amélioration de l’Adaptation à la Sécheresse (CERAAS) using the contacts and
the method that is prescribed by the institution.
Note: CERAAS has set its own deadlines.
To apply for the scholarship programme, CERAAS will provide the shortlisted candidates with the link to the DAAD-Portal.
Only the pre-selected candidates are asked to log into the DAAD portal, register themselves and submit a DAAD application.
Note: DAAD application deadline: June 2, 2020.
Need to Apply?
Also subscribe to our free email notification to receive mails on available interesting opportunities
Sharing is Caring, Do Share with Friends on Social Media Websites today.